Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I go back and forth between windows on one drive and MacOS on the other. I was just in windows for a day or two and I can no longer see the Mac partitions in the BIOS boot options. I have 2 M.2's, one with MacOS on it, and I can't boot from it.

I can see they are formatted in widows, but I can't get them to show up on my bios boot menu.

Please help.

I go back and forth between windows on one drive and MacOS on the other. I was just in windows for a day or two and I can no longer see the Mac partitions in the BIOS boot options. I have 2 M.2's, one with MacOS on it, and I can't boot from it.

I can see they are formatted in widows, but I can't get them to show up on my bios boot menu.

Please help.
The bootloader on your MacOS M.2 drive may have been wiped out during the Windows run (e.g. installing updates).

Do you still have a MacOS USB stick to boot your computer with (e.g. the one you use to install MacOS)?

I was in the process of updating to open core to 0.7.0 and hadn't finished on my USB stick. I keep a clone of the system and the EFI on an external HDD but its EFI isn't seen by the system either. WHich is boggling my mind..

Are you selecting the correct partition to boot from when using the Bios or Bios boot menu to select the macOS drive.

The EFI partition will be named 'UEFI:drive model/name' not the one named 'drive model/name'. You need to select the drive that starts with the 'UEFI' designation to get to the Clover or OpenCore boot screen/picker list.

Have you removed any drivers or anything from your EFI partition sub-folders, such as HFSPlus.efi or VBoxHFS.efi? As one or the other of these drivers need to be present in the Drivers or /drivers/UEFI folder depending on which bootloader you are using.

This seems to be a combination of Windows messing with my mac efi partition and a USB port mapping issue. At this time I seem to have it working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back