Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Can't make OpenCore work while hybrid Clover with OC runtime works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your sudden reboot happens as soon as the bootloader try to boot the OS? kernel load and there is something (few lines shown) then reboot? If so try to disable the securebootmodel and check to see what happen

As you wish, I wanted to narrow it down nad make it clearer.
I'm yet to enable debug and log but in meantime captured some screenshots.
One below is second before reboot, it all looks very weird to me [ also, I've seen that ramrod thing mentioned somewhere.. ]
IMG_20210101_163025.jpg

Rest is stuff from the whole boot:
IMG_20210101_162325.jpg

IMG_20210101_162925.jpg

IMG_20210101_162931.jpg

IMG_20210101_162939.jpg
IMG_20210101_163011.jpg

It's not installer, I'm trying to boot existing Big Sur installation

Well, that wasn't very helpful, still stuck around that place, tried FakeSMC too, it's also extremely tedious to capture
IMG_20210101_190159.jpg

You can try to make a movie then capture from that movie the screen, set your camera for high refresh rate if possible.
Also, if you enable debug log all issues will be logged into a file
MACH reboot is usually associated with cpu power management being misconfigured

I tried debug version of OC with all debugging enabled and it's stuff related to OC, not kernel boot. It's increddibly slow too

Managed to take a better photo but I'm out of ideas tbh
IMG_20210101_195338.jpg

So, the error appear when you try to boot an already installed BigSur which with Clover load well? If so with Clover you boot the same partition or you start the BigSur from preboot partition?
I saw the line in the above image (no port micro restart...) during a BigSur install on my hackint0sh too, it is a scheduled restart process, so this is not an issue for sure, however if happens all the time probably the OS does not think the install process has ended, which lead me to think that the install was done through Colver and the install was erroneous, if the install was done through Clover was done using preboot partition to install and boot???
Please give us all details, what BigSur version is there?

So, the error appear when you try to boot an already installed BigSur which with Clover load well? If so with Clover you boot the same partition or you start the BigSur from preboot partition?
I saw the line in the above image (no port micro restart...) during a BigSur install on my hackint0sh too, it is a scheduled restart process, so this is not an issue for sure, however if happens all the time probably the OS does not think the install process has ended, which lead me to think that the install was done through Colver and the install was erroneous, if the install was done through Clover was done using preboot partition to install and boot???
Please give us all details, what BigSur version is there?

Yeah, OpenCore seems to think that it's an Update/Installer partition. It's the same one that I'm booting via clover, I think [the UUID corresponds to the 'data' one in APFS containers], I can see only two in both.

I went straight from last Catalina to Big Sur 11.1 [from within it via clover], and it seems that it's an issue with updating via clover as you noted
I might try clean reinstall [via OpenCore] if it's not too much of a hassle

Last edited:
Reinstalled it via OpenCore and booted successfully via it, fixed some of my issues too, like broken Safari. So it looks like Clover totally botched the job.
Marked as Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back