Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Can't make OpenCore work while hybrid Clover with OC runtime works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel Wildcat Point-LP
CPU
Core M-5Y10c [ Broadwell ]
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
It gets stuck as presented below:

IMG_20210101_034638.jpg

I'm attaching both clover's and opencore's EFI's, they're pretty minimal, maybe it'll help someone figure it out. I'm out of ideas for now

Last edited:
Actually, those ACPI errors reminded me of something and tested DSTD.aml from clover, which I remember cleaning up forever ago [don't think I'd able to redo it now] Under OC, which is not a correct way to do it AFAIK, it goes further up to GFX then topples, too fast to screenshot.

Would someone be able to figure how to transfer required patches to OC with my clean DSDT and the one patched? [Attached]

Attachments

• dsdts.zip
    45.6 KB · Views: 42
It gets stuck as presented below:

View attachment 503359

I'm attaching both clover's and opencore's EFI's, they're pretty minimal, maybe it'll help someone figure it out. I'm out of ideas for now
It seems that you use wrong HFS+ "VBoxHfs.efi" driver in clover, try the attached one. Also, please provide whole CLOVER folder after pressing F2 and F4 in Clover menu.

Attachments

• HFSPlus.efi
    24.3 KB · Views: 38
Erm, my Clover boot is fine, it's the OpenCore one that doesn't work
What's the point of that HFS+ driver anyway? I'm using APFS.

Erm, my Clover boot is fine, it's the OpenCore one that doesn't work
What's the point of that HFS+ driver anyway? I'm using APFS.
The last error from the image tell that the kernel is unable to find the root partition from where was loaded, i assusme that is booted from USB stick which is for sure HFS+
In order to be able to assist you, you should provide the requested files and also provide more details.

I really appreciate that you're trying to help, but you're confused. The topic is about OpenCore, not Clover [or Clover/OC hybrid] and OpenCore has the driver that you've attached.
The screenshot is no longer valid because as I've mentioned one comment below it, it goes further with DSDT, SSDT files, so it's an ACPI issue initially.

Currently, it fails/autoreboots in place that I'm unable to capture, but it seems to be confused about volumes as it doing something on the "Update" volume for some reason

Hi @Vries sorry for the confusion, but the title seems divided in two parts by a slash and the second part seems pretty straightforward "OC works fine" then if this works fine then the issue is in the first part, which is Clover right?
Maybe you should try to modify the title to reflect the real issue then, however a lot of more details are required, for instance how do you mix together OC with Clover? How do you chose between them? Do you have two different EFI partitions?

Also, you should enable debug logging on the Clover as well as in OC config then try to boot and see what it is in log files

Hi @Vries sorry for the confusion, but the title seems divided in two parts by a slash and the second part seems pretty straightforward "OC works fine" then if this works fine then the issue is in the first part, which is Clover right?
Maybe you should try to modify the title to reflect the real issue then, however a lot of more details are required, for instance how do you mix together OC with Clover? How do you chose between them? Do you have two different EFI partitions?

You're right it wasn't clear. I’ve captured some stuff but’ll post it in bootloaders subforum as it seems better suited.

You're right it wasn't clear. I’ve captured some stuff but’ll post it in bootloaders subforum as it seems better suited.
Thanks, but If you ask on other subforum about the same issue will not be OK as there will be redundant data between forums, maybe you can continue here and let an admin move the thread in the right forum, but i think it is where should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back