Contribute
Register

[solved]Cant load w7 disk after installtion of snow leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cant load windwos disk after installtion of snow leopard

karacho said:
1st Then i think your DVD's are not burned correctly, if you use an original Genuine win7 DVD it might work, if you mean you've burned them correctly then

2nd Insert the win7 dvd and try to boot directly from it w/o using iBoot. For installing win you don't need iBoot

shame on me :banghead:
1) the disk is working, I tried it in other computers and it worked

2) its boot up and in the iboot menu still it didn't recognized it.
like iboot cant read the disk.

Thank you for trying to help, I appreciate this.
I hope that we will manage to solve this.

yep, when i try to boot up to windows 7 it show me that message :
"press any buttom to boot from disk"
and when im pressing a buttom im getting again the same message and its looks like that:
"press any buttom to boot from disk
press any buttom to boot from disk"

but with ubuntu its worked,

can it be somthing about the bios? bootin from dvd has nothing to do with iboot isnt it?
i dont think i have changed anything in the bios (even not what i was needed to change in the iboot +multibeast tutorial becuse i didnt fint where is that things that i should change).

oz_adari said:
That's strange. I suspect a problem with the win7 dvd...even if it works on another computer does not mean they also must work with your current dvd drive[/quote]
...bootin from dvd has nothing to do with iboot isnt it?
Right

Don't laugh. But the facts so far are:

iBoot CD will boot in your machine.
Ubuntu CD will boot in your machine.
Windows 7 DVD will not boot in your machine.
Windows 7 DVD WILL boot in someone else's machine.

So: are you sure the drive in your machine is a DVD drive, and not just a CD drive?

iBoot is burnt to a CD, and so is Ubuntu (in your words). That could explain why they work, and the DVD does not. Can you confirm that other DVDs have worked for you on this machine?

Is it possible that, if it is a DVD drive, that it only supports single layer and your Windows DVD is dual layer?

moshymoshy said:

So: are you sure the drive in your machine is a DVD drive, and not just a CD drive?

iBoot is burnt to a CD, and so is Ubuntu (in your words). That could explain why they work, and the DVD does not. Can you confirm that other DVDs have worked for you on this machine?

Is it possible that, if it is a DVD drive, that it only supports single layer and your Windows DVD is dual layer?
No reason for laughing but a good consideration :thumbup:

moshymoshy said:

now im preety sure that this is DVD driver XD.
i have burned alot of things in that , some are regular DVD's , some are DL, and some are CD's,

karacho said:
oz_adari said:
That's strange. I suspect a problem with the win7 dvd...even if it works on another computer does not mean they also must work with your current dvd drive
...bootin from dvd has nothing to do with iboot isnt it?
Right[/quote]

i will try to reburn it, but this time i have only mac to burn it on so i just want to make sure that i am burning right:
im opening the ISO file using "Disk Uttilty";
i clicking the "BURN" buttom after i am clicking 1 time on the ISO file in the left menu;
im clicking yes when the computer ask me if im sure that i want to burn XXXXX to X drive,
im checking that the details are right and clicking yes;

thats shud be it ?
maybe i should update the bios too?

Is it a Windows 7 retail disk image? Not a 'recovery disk' from someone's laptop or similar?

moshymoshy said:
Is it a Windows 7 retail disk image? Not a 'recovery disk' from someone's laptop or similar?
yep, this is an retail.

oz_adari said:
im opening the ISO file using "Disk Uttilty";
i clicking the "BURN" buttom after i am clicking 1 time on the ISO file in the left menu;
im clicking yes when the computer ask me if im sure that i want to burn XXXXX to X drive,
im checking that the details are right and clicking yes;
Right again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back