Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus PRIME Z370-A
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
I have installed High Sierra successfully on Asus PRIME Z370-A with i7 8700K but I have troubles running my AORUS 1080.
I do have nvda_drv=1 set in config.plist (attached). OS Version is 10.13.1 and driver version is WebDriver-378.10.10.10.20.107

I have no idea why I can't get NVidia drivers to work. Panel works fine, but every time I select "Nvidia Web Driver" and reboot the native "OS X Default Graphics Driver" is loaded.

HALP! ;-)

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 321
If the OSX drivers are checked, your motherboard's BIOS is not saving the NVRAM between boots. You need to see slim.jim's guide, Problem #6, for a solution > Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems, or you could run MultiBeast for High Sierra and just select the following:
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM​
The problem lies with the newer motherboard's latest BIOSs which stopped saving NVRAM between reboots so you have to use the Clover capability to make sure NVRAM carries over between reboots.

Hey, I'm doing the exact same build- but with the 1060 instead, would you mind sharing your EFI folder? :)

Ok, I eventually got it working no idea how, since nvram emulation was enabled already, thread can be marked as solved.

@mrjbergstrom - efi folder attached

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.9 MB · Views: 152
Sorry for stealing your thread here @osxjunkie - I can't seem to boot the installer, I used your EFI for the boot EFI from USB, but the computer crashes and reboots after +++++++++++

Any ideas? :)

Hard to say, but that does work for me...

What kexts did you use when you installed? :)

Sorry for stealing your thread here @osxjunkie - I can't seem to boot the installer, I used your EFI for the boot EFI from USB, but the computer crashes and reboots after +++++++++++

Any ideas? :)

When Unibeast usb installer was created, it’s likely that Inject NVIDIA was selected.
Recreate Unibeast installer and do not select anything on the graphics screen as you have NVIDIA GTX 10 series. Or mount Unibeast EFI partition, edit config.plist and set Inject Nvidia to false.

Last edited:
hi, I have the same hardware but only with igpu. I can load the clover boot app, but the apple logo looks misshapen
and a few seconds later the system restart. Could you share me your bios setup? in some post a guy talks about putting the ram memory in 2 specifics slots. for example a2 and b2. could you tell me in which you put your ram? thanx

If the install reboots after the Apple-logo (when in verbose mode, -v, it will reboot after the ++++++ boot.efi progress), you should install with the memory sticks in A1 and B1, opposite what the mobo-manual is telling you to install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back