Graphics
Aorus Radeon RX 580 8Gb
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody, I'm here to find help as I'm stuck for 24h now trying everything I can to boot my 10.13.6 with Nvidia drivers... I don't understand why it doesn't work (as it always did before...).
When I install Nvidia Web Drivers (latest for 17G65 or any other patched old drivers) it's then impossible to boot again... I have to go to recovery Terminal and "rm.../Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext" to boot again.
Any idea to help getting back Nvidia Web Drivers working ? I don't understand why it doesn't work and i desperatly need my machine to work today for a job... Outch !
I have latest Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, I tried with SIP 0x0 once, and one other without touching it... I tried "touch /Extensions" before reboot... I just don't know ;)

Best regards

Hello everybody, I'm here to find help as I'm stuck for 24h now trying everything I can to boot my 10.13.6 with Nvidia drivers... I don't understand why it doesn't work (as it always did before...).
When I install Nvidia Web Drivers (latest for 17G65 or any other patched old drivers) it's then impossible to boot again... I have to go to recovery Terminal and "rm.../Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext" to boot again.
Any idea to help getting back Nvidia Web Drivers working ? I don't understand why it doesn't work and i desperatly need my machine to work today for a job... Outch !
I have latest Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, I tried with SIP 0x0 once, and one other without touching it... I tried "touch /Extensions" before reboot... I just don't know ;)

Best regards

[SOLVED]
After massive headaches trying about everything possible to install Nvidia drivers I eventually discovered that the problem was coming from too recent version of Lula or NvidiaGraphicsFixUp kexts ! I had updated to latest just before... I downloaded older versions (4 or 5 version before to be sure) and my computer work perfectly... so I'll take the time later to identify which kext is causing trouble and from which version it's not bootable anymore... just to help other people in my case in future... Let you keep posted !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back