EVGA GeForce GTX 950 SSC GAMING
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When attempting to install Creative Cloud, I get "Error Code P81".

When I attempt to install Lightroom Classic directly, I get "Can't find /tmp"

Related, I think, is a problem when trying to set up my Canon PRO-100 printer. Error: "Can't install the software." <-- that's VERY helpful, thanks.

csrutil status shows
System Integrity Protection status: disabled.

What am I missing here? What additional information will help solve this?

many, many hackintosh thanks!

When attempting to install Creative Cloud, I get "Error Code P81".
Google is probably a lot quicker then waiting for a response here.
This for example suggests that you should restart in safe mode and install the software.

Google is probably a lot quicker then waiting for a response here.
This for example suggests that you should restart in safe mode and install the software.

Yeah, I spent hours trying to get the Oracle (aka Google) to help me on this. Safe more produces the same error from Creative Cloud installation:

Unable to locate /tmp system folder. Please make sure the folder exists before proceeding with the installation

It really doesn't matter which Adobe app I try. Creative Cloud says can't find /tmp. Lightroom Classic says "Another installer is currently running... Error Code: P81".

I'm guessing this is related to SIP (thanks, Apple) but SIP is disabled.

brideofhackenstein:~ m$ csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: disabled.​

Getting pretty desperate here as I'm running out of places to ask.

When I attempt to install Lightroom Classic directly, I get "Can't find /tmp"

Related, I think, is a problem when trying to set up my Canon PRO-100 printer. Error: "Can't install the software." <-- that's VERY helpful, thanks.

These errors remind me of that time when my permissions were all screwed up after a reinstall. I reinstalled the OS and then went to use Migration Assistant to import my stuff. Apparently I had created an alternate universe on my HD since the user that created the reinstall ended up being different than the user that Migration Assistant used.... I couldn't get iTunes to load its Library, Photos would not work, stuff all related to permission errors.

Look in that direction.

I solved this by creating a new install on an HFS volume. For whatever reason, APFS failed me. Lightroom, Photoshop and printer drivers all installed successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back