Graphics
Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently finished my very first hackintosh build and everything works just fine, WIFI (PT-Link AC 1900), NVIDIA graphics, sound, ect. I did not expect it to be so easy thanks to this amazing Community.

So, I have two main SSDs inside my build: A macOS one with 500GB (Samsung EVO 850) and a smaller one with windows 10 for Gaming and some other stuff I need for work (Intenso 256GB). My Mainboard (Asus Prime z270-a) recognizes both drives but sets the boot drive automatically to the Windows Boot Manager. I experience this weird issue that if I change the boot priority on the main screen of the motherboard's BIOS it freezes and I have to manually restart with no changes set. Also each time I change the boot priority in the advanced mode it automatically resets after each reboot to the windows drive. I couldn't find anything regarding this issue so I'm reaching out to you for help.

I updated the bios to the latest version and un-/replugged my drives in different order but nothing worked so far. Until now I always have to press F8 to get into the boot Menu for starting into clover and then again select my main drive from there which is a bit annoying. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I am also experiencing this issue where the BIOS menu freezes when I try to reorder the boot items. Did you find a solution?

Found a solution: hit F7 to enter advanced mode then go to the Boot tab of the BIOS settings to change boot settings via keyboard. Must just be a bug with the drag + drop thing.

Yeah, that actually resolved my Issue. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back