Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z270X Gaming-5
CPU
Intel I7 7700K
Graphics
nvidia gt 1030
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, as this is the first time attempting a Hackintosh build! So sorry for my scarce understanding of some aspects.
I managed to install Sierra through Unibeast. The problem is that i can't manage to make the SSD where I installed the OS bootable. I installed Clover to that drive and edited the config.plist with the settings attached here.
First thing I don't understand: when I installed Clover to the SSD, I got the EFI partition in the volumes list in the finder (but it didn't show up in the desktop, if that means anything). Then I removed the installation USB, tried to boot from my install SSD, but got this error:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\Coreservices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no

I then get these screens attached

It thens reboot and goes back to the Clover screen.
I'm able, by plugging the USB back in, to boot to Sierra, but when I get in there is no mounted EFI partition, I have to mount it with the Clover configurator every time i boot in this way,. I don't understand why it doesn't stay mounted.
I found other users with same error but still I can't seem to fix it.
I also attach a folder with pics of my BIOS settings

I hope someone is able to help me through these problems, I'm quite lost! :(

PS: If i'm not using the right method to attach the settings or screens please tell me and I'll do it better next time

Attachments

• IMG_8372.PNG
    IMG_8372.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 244
  • IMG_8373.PNG
    IMG_8373.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 244
  • IMG_8374.PNG
    IMG_8374.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_8375.PNG
    IMG_8375.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_8376.PNG
    IMG_8376.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_8377.PNG
    IMG_8377.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_8378.PNG
    IMG_8378.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 214
  • BIOS SETTINGS.zip
    13.4 MB · Views: 97
  • EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 97
Based on your last screenshot, the kernel panic is occurring with the file com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy. I noticed that you have a patch in the config.plist that modifies that file (Kernel and Kext Patches). Try removing that patch from config.plist and see if it boots.

Also, the EFI partition when mounted will not show up on your Desktop if you have not set Finder to show Hard disks on Desktop (Finder --> Preferences --> General). EFI partition will always have to be mounted when the computer is restarted.

Thanks for the answer! I used your config.plist file and also removed that AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy, but the system still won't boot, i now have this error:
AppleKeyStore: operation failed (see picture for the whole line)

also says power management is unknown or unsupported a few lines after
FullSizeRender error.jpg

What can i do?

Thanks for the answer! I used your config.plist file and also removed that AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy, but the system still won't boot, i now have this error:
AppleKeyStore: operation failed (see picture for the whole line)

also says power management is unknown or unsupported a few lines afterView attachment 277981

What can i do?
replace
-v darkwake=8 nvda_drv=1

with:
-v darkwake=8 nv_disable=1

yuppppp it worked!! now it boots without USB! still have some problems but this is solved, thank you so much!!

yuppppp it worked!! now it boots without USB! still have some problems but thank you so much!!
that code disables your nvidia card. you may need to remove nv_disable=1 and find a kext nvidiagraphics fixup which should help

mm i have nv_disable=1 but my video output is coming from the graphic card hdmi port. How can it be disabled but still send a signal? or is the video still being processed by the intel graphics and the signal merely passes through the graphic card?
the only problems I have now is that I don't have acceleration and that the resolution is wrong (apparently the system thinks it is a 5K retina display..)

Have you installed Nvidia web drivers? When you use nv_disable=1, the OS uses default OS graphics drivers. If you are using a discreet graphics card then you should disable the built in one in BIOS.

Have you installed Nvidia web drivers? When you use nv_disable=1, the OS uses default OS graphics drivers. If you are using a discreet graphics card then you should disable the built in one in BIOS.
I solved by installing the lilu and nvidiagraphicsfixup kexts! Now everything works fine, right resolution and acceleration enabled. didn't need to disable the intel graphics in the bios, it's set to auto. Thanks everyone for the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back