Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 740
CORRECTION: CANNOT BOOT WITHOUT NVDA_DRV=1 OR NV_DISABLE=1

Hey all,

I recently just fresh installed El Capitan on my Hackintosh. I was able to go through all of my post-install with Multibeast 8.2.2; however, I cannot boot from clover without inputting either nv_disable=1 or nvda_drv=1. My computer recognizes the graphics card in "about this mac," but it remains unselected under the NVIDIA web drivers in my system preferences. I keep clicking and rebooting, but it still remains unselected, and I still cannot boot without those inputs. Also, my onboard audio does not work either. If I do not enter those arguments, I would arrive at the apple loading bar, it would go halfway, and then the screen would go black and the spinning circle in the center of the page would come up like when you are shutting down the computer. Is there a way that I can permanently input those arguments or get my system preferences to permanently select my web driver?

My Build:

GA-Z170X-UD5
EVGA GeForce GT 740
CORSAIR RM Series RM650 650W
Intel Core i7-6700K
Seagate Desktop HDD ST2000DM001 2TB
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Last edited:
I cannot boot from clover without inputting either nv_disable=1 or nvda_drv=1. My computer recognizes the graphics card in "about this mac," but it remains unselected under the NVIDIA web drivers in my system preferences.
Add nvda_drv=1 to Clover's config.plist under Boot > Arguments

nvda.png

Setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.
See Problem 6 of Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems
Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts

Add nvda_drv=1 to Clover's config.plist under Boot > Arguments

View attachment 289172

Setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.
See Problem 6 of Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems
Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts

Sorry I am a noob to this. I am assuming I need to download efi mounter to mount my efi partition and then download clover configurator to add that argument?

I followed this guide that did not tell me to do any of that, which is why I am so confused!

Sorry I am a noob to this. I am assuming I need to download efi mounter to mount my efi partition and then download clover configurator to add that argument?
Download Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition)
Open Clover Configurator
Mount your EFI partition
Open EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist
Check the Boot section and enable nvda_drv=1
Save
Close Clover Configurator

Download Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition)
Open Clover Configurator
Mount your EFI partition
Open EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist
Check the Boot section and enable nvda_drv=1
Save
Close Clover Configurator

I am sorry last question. When I try to enable audio there is not output option in my system preferences. I am plugged in via HDMI. What might the issue be?

Thanks again.

Ok, it was fixed but an update broke it again. Can someone please help, this has been an issue for 2 years now.
Is there any thing wrong with my config.plist? This GTX 760 is killing me

Attachments

• config.plist
    1.8 KB · Views: 405
Is there any thing wrong with my config.plist?
Yes, you should not be injecting Nvidia graphics.
It is very minimalist, hardly any settings for your configuration.
It is difficult to imagine that you have been working ok for two years with it like this.

This GTX 760 is killing me
The GTX 760 has native support which means that it works "out of the box" without any other action.

Yes, you should not be injecting Nvidia graphics.
It is very minimalist, hardly any settings for your configuration.
It is difficult to imagine that you have been working ok for two years with it like this.

The GTX 760 has native support which means that it works "out of the box" without any other action.
No it was messed up for two years, but I fixed it last week with the information in this post. Then a few days ago my wife restarted the computer some OS updates installed and it stopped working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back