Contribute
Register

[Solved] Can't boot Sierra without USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I booted and successfully (except there's no sound but I'll with that later) installed my firsts hackintosh. Hackintosh is running on 1TB WD Blue HDD and Windows on second one identical HDD (dual boot). After installation I installed Clover on my HDD and plugged out the bootable USB and restarted my system. In boot menu (f8) I can choose between:
  • CD/DVD
  • MacOS
  • MacOS
  • HDD1 (Windows)
  • HDD2 (Sierra)

If I choose any of them they'll fail to boot and Windows will be booted automatically (since non of them worked). When I plug in my USB I get a 2 new options:
  • UEFI Clover....
  • Kingstone....
When I choose UEFI it loads Clover and I can boot Mac, but without USB I can't even get to Clover boot menu.
I tried copying Clover files from USB to my HDD (EFI dir) directly but it still failed to boot.

My specs:
MBO: P8Z77-V Deluxe
CPU: i7 2700k
GPU: GTX 960
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance

I actually have the same board and got curious to perform a Sierra install on my hackintosh, I was running into the same issue last night;

- Removed all other hard drives, I left just the test SSD install
- Unibeast install
- Multibeast install with no problem - Installed clover but still won't boot by itself
- downloaded Clover configurator, and installed the latest Clover, EFI partition had info
but still no go.

what did it for me, was with the USB install, the part for Clover options I believe it was, the second icon below the drives on the boot menu, was to "Add clover configuration to all entries" (something like that, I'm at work right, otherwise I would post a picture), that made the system boot with Clover.

Now, for the life of me, I keep getting black screen on the 980 GTX that I have.

Edit: I also deleted the MACOS entries under boot, I disable them, there is something about the Bios "UEFI" getting bad entries and stuff from what I was reading.

I booted from my USB and chose the option you mentioned above and I still can't boot Sierra without USB. Here is the screenshot of Clover option that I choose.
upload_2016-12-28_19-38-6.png

Only what happened is that after that option when I go to boot options now it looks like this (Windows disk disconnected)
upload_2016-12-28_19-39-5.png

It used to say "UEFI: KingstonHyperX Savage PMAP" and not it's "Clover start boot.efi at USB_Vedran..."

PS
Did you manage to get audio working?

I damn, you know what, If I manage later today, I'll record the whole process; hopefully we can get our systems working somehow, and yes I had audio.

Multibeast: 898 with the 5.1 optional

I had 13.2 smbios, which might have contributed to the 980gtx not working.

One thing that I did, was to disable the MAC OS X entries on the bios, as well as disconnect any other hard drives except for the sierra installation, also, installed the latest clover on the Sierra install drive with Clover configuration. Since I did it like 2 twice from scratch yesterday I might be able to help somewhat with the video capture.

Edit: do make sure to turn off the computer completely when you make some changes, sometimes that clear off something EFI issues.

I can't get audio working either (I installed ALC898 with Multibeast) but I'll deal with that later. If you manage to record a video that would be great.

I'm running 960 successfully, did you install Nvidia drivers to your Mac? If yes try booting with option nvda_drv=1

yeah I tried that flag, as well as the NvidiaWeb true flag, I was reading another post for a solution which I'm going to give it a go, but yeah, audio was working for me. I do use the Optical out.

UPDATE
I booted to BIOS (while Windows HDD was disconnected) to check my settings one more time and something interesting happened. BIOS recognizes MacOS as UEFI, here's screenshot of BIOS.
ss.jpg

But it still wont boot to that UEFI. I also tried copying EFI folder (from USB to HDD) after configuring Clover as darkwizard said. I'm totally confused.

hey, I didn't the opportunity to work on it last night, but those Mac OS X uefi didn't work for me either, I deleted those entries on my BIOS, under Advanced Mode, it did take me a while to get it running.

I ran out of ideas. I'm going to wait for you to post video/solution that worked for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back