Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock H81M
CPU
i5-4430
Graphics
RX 570
This is my first post so go easy on me. I have done previous builds but I have never experienced this problem. I have High Sierra working fine. Internet, sound, gpu, etc. are all working fine. When I boot with the usb, the system boots up no problem. However, without the usb, the initial start up is fine then the screen goes to black and freezes. Any help would be appreciated.

This is my first post so go easy on me. I have done previous builds but I have never experienced this problem. I have High Sierra working fine. Internet, sound, gpu, etc. are all working fine. When I boot with the usb, the system boots up no problem. However, without the usb, the initial start up is fine then the screen goes to black and freezes. Any help would be appreciated.
Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.
As it turns out, many people have issues with Asrock motherboards booting into UEFI Clover even if it is installed properly. I finally got it booting perfectly using this guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asrock-uefi-boot-fix.174726/
Thanks for the help!

this. -> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/cant-boot-properly-without-usb.245184/#post-1687786

have you installed clover (not clover configurator)?

Thanks for the reply but I fixed the issue and idk how to make this thread solved
Its always helpful to post how you solved an issue, for those who come looking down the road....

I know what he did - in the guide he referenced, he basically booted a Linux live cd and created the proper boot entry on the Asrock boards bios using some terminal commands. Its a common issue with Asrock motherboards, and using a linux live cd in conjunction with the guide he mentioned fixes it. It also happens on some MSI boards, like the one I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back