CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
EVGA GTX760 2GB SC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
EDITPlease forgive me as I am a first time poster and haven't had any issues since i first built my rig a couple years ago. I'm pretty rusty at this point if it isn't made glaringly clear from my obvious mistakes that you're about to hear about...
Ok, here it goes...

I tried to do the update to 10.13 from 10.12 via the app store. Admittedly, I should've made a fresh backup of unibeast or atleast tested my ssd backup before I installed Clover v4586, but I didn't.. so, yeah.... oops.. anyway, it got to the point where no other drives (not even unibeast from 10.12) would boot unless I unplugged my Samsung 850 evo that i just installed the new updated clover onto. When i did unplug it, I was able to boot from my unibeast USB into my recovery drive, but only in safe mode. I can't reconnect the original SSD boot drive now without losing my ability to load into an older Clover version. Went out and bought a new 860 evo ssd to try to copy my old MBR from the recovery drive.. still no luck.
Tried to fix my recovery bootloader and unibeast so that they would load without being in safe mode and guess what, now none of them are recognizable as boot devices.. and I don't have a second apple in the house to be able to make a new unibeast.

Really lost on what to do now and could really use some help/direction before I end up pulling out my hair.

here's a phone photo of what i'm seeing when after i select my new update in clover.
IMG_20180703_142855.jpg

I just get the plus signs when I select my recovery drive. I also now see options in clover for "firevault prebooter..." and "macos installer prebooter..." which is new to me..

So, yeah.. HELP!!!!! please :)
I have no idea what to do now other than hope I accidentally fix it by randomly making changes.
EDIT: my phone/camera just broke while trying to get more photos/screenshots of my issues. bear with me...
Thanks in advance for your time and patience!

Last edited:
~bump~

Pretty please with a cherry on top will someone help me?
my only option to get past BIOS screen now is with my SSD loaded with Clover v4586 which won't boot any of my drives.
Seriously f#$%ed and need help asap!

Pretty please with a cherry on top will someone help me?
my only option to get past BIOS screen now is with my SSD loaded with Clover v4586 which won't boot any of my drives.
Seriously f#$%ed and need help asap!
I understand your predicament but if you cannot boot and you have no access to another mac I don't see how anyone can provide the help that you crave.

I understand your predicament but if you cannot boot and you have no access to another mac I don't see how anyone can provide the help that you crave.

well, i suppose that answers my question as good as any. thanks for the input! I really appreciate getting a response. I guess I'll have to go buy a cheap macbook now..... yay for me :(

I guess I'll have to go buy a cheap macbook now
That sounds a bit drastic, is there no way that you can access a Mac somewhere and make a new UniBeast installer ?

That sounds a bit drastic, is there no way that you can access a Mac somewhere and make a new UniBeast installer ?

I was mostly joking... although it could be a possibility. i literally only know one other person (that I could ask at the moment) that has a mac I could borrow and it's a bit out of the way.. The timing is just bad due to where I'm at right now, so it's almost easier to take the drastic measure due to circumstance, however, you're still absolutely right and I should at least go to a local library with a thumb drive before I shell out money I don't need to.. I haven't dealt with any of this stuff in so long that I'm a total noob again and I apologize for freaking out unnecessarily. Thanks again for your wisdom and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back