Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Ga-Z170x-UD3
CPU
Intel Core I7-6700 FC-LGA14C
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980Ti Windforce 3x OC Edition
EDIT: Issue Fixed! Thanks, cmn699!

I seem to be having a lot of trouble just getting the installer running. It starts booting the installer and resets citing "Architecture Couldn't be Recognized"

Ive tried dropping MATS and DMAR, my .ktexts are in the "other" folder, and apfs.efi is in the drivers64uefi folder. Any ideas about what's causing the issue. I've just been running the installer through the App Store download. Any suggestions would be super appreciated. I'm running it on GA-Z170X-UD3 mother board with intel core i7 and a gigabyte gtx 980ti.

Edit: Added the config plist as well if that gives anyone any ideas.

Edit: As a side note is there any way to get a log of the attempts to boot the installer to better see where it is crashing. after "Architecture couldn't be recognized". It zips through a bunch of stuff. Debug option in clover doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Attachments

• config copy 2.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
I might try doing a clean install and reinstalling from a USB Drive and See if that fixes things

I might try doing a clean install and reinstalling from a USB Drive and See if that fixes things
  • Good that you have shown the Hardware SPECS in your Personal Details and uploaded a verbose boot screen to help diagnose the problem.
  • I have uploaded the edited Screen shots to show where the problem is and what to do about it annotated on it.
    • Reboot>Del key>BIOS > Peripherals>Super I/O Configuration> Serial Port A ENABLED >DISABLED
Good luck

Attachments

• Serial Port is Enabled in BIOS.png
    Serial Port is Enabled in BIOS.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 847
  • Good that you have shown the Hardware SPECS in your Personal Details and uploaded a verbose boot screen to help diagnose the problem.
  • I have uploaded the edited Screen shots to show where the problem is and what to do about it annotated on it.
    • Reboot>Del key>BIOS > Peripherals>Super I/O Configuration> Serial Port A ENABLED >DISABLED
Good luck
Thanks for that! I got past that part and now it seems to be happening after codec commander which I was using because my headphone jack wasn't working after waking from sleep?
IMG_4139.jpg

Thanks for that! I got past that part and now it seems to be happening after codec commander which I was using because my headphone jack wasn't working after waking from sleep?
View attachment 284501

At this stage of booting, it is often problems related to Graphics card that could pose boot issues by making the boot to 'hang' but the Power LED and Monitor LED , Mouse and Keyboard LEDs may be still active. The Monitor screen won't have any new output.

I may have to look at the contents of your CLOVER folder from the USB Installer uploaded as a Compressed file to find any clues.
  • Using Clover Configurator Vibrant mount your USB Installer's EFI Partition to the Desktop of the System it is created and
  • Click open EFI>EFI and find CLOVER >Rt- click>Compress CLOVER>Upload the file to this Forum.

At this stage of booting, it is often problems related to Graphics card that could pose boot issues by making the boot to 'hang' but the Power LED and Monitor LED , Mouse and Keyboard LEDs may be still active. The Monitor screen won't have any new output.

I may have to look at the contents of your CLOVER folder from the USB Installer uploaded as a Compressed file to find any clues.
  • Using Clover Configurator Vibrant mount your USB Installer's EFI Partition to the Desktop of the System it is created and
  • Click open EFI>EFI and find CLOVER >Rt- click>Compress CLOVER>Upload the file to this Forum.
Thanks for all your help. I was able to boot into the installer by changing my smbios to Mac Pro 6,1, but it said the installation package file was missing for some reason? I don't know if my download wasn't complete or something, but I'm including the clover directory just in case. I'm sure there is stuff in there that shouldn't be from when I first did the build a while back.

Attachments

• IMG_4140.jpg
    IMG_4140.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 464
  • Clover.zip
    15.3 MB · Views: 115
Thanks for all your help. I was able to boot into the installer by changing my smbios to Mac Pro 6,1, but it said the installation package file was missing for some reason? I don't know if my download wasn't complete or something, but I'm including the clover directory just in case. I'm sure there is stuff in there that shouldn't be from when I first did the build a while back.
This problem is usually solved by booting without EmuVariablesUefi-64.efi in your CLOVER/EFI/drivers64uefi folder. After you get your system running, if you need that efi, add it back in. It emulates nvram on boards that don't have it built-in, and is safe to install without.

That got me in! Keeping my fingers crossed through the install hahaha. I’ll let you know how it goes.
This problem is usually solved by booting without EmuVariablesUefi-64.efi in your CLOVER/EFI/drivers64uefi folder. After you get your system running, if you need that efi, add it back in. It emulates nvram on boards that don't have it built-in, and is safe to install without.

Ugh. I can’t win today. It installed. I went to try to install the nvidia web drivers but there was an error installing them but it finished the install and then it wanted to reboot. I didn’t have emuvariable back in the folder yet though. When I restarted all I get is this (the photo attached) after all the verbose loading stuff. It just repeats the lock screen lines after that. Is there anyway to get it to load again. I tried nvdisable and checking and Unchecking the webdrivers, but I’m not sure what else I can do other than make a usb drive on another computer and try to reinstall.
That got me in! Keeping my fingers crossed through the install hahaha. I’ll let you know how it goes.
U

Attachments

• 2DAFBEB8-9D88-4019-AD9F-42F44338AF6C.jpeg
    2DAFBEB8-9D88-4019-AD9F-42F44338AF6C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 403
Ugh. I can’t win today. It installed. I went to try to install the nvidia web drivers but there was an error installing them but it finished the install and then it wanted to reboot. I didn’t have emuvariable back in the folder yet though. When I restarted all I get is this (the photo attached) after all the verbose loading stuff. It just repeats the lock screen lines after that. Is there anyway to get it to load again. I tried nvdisable and checking and Unchecking the webdrivers, but I’m not sure what else I can do other than make a usb drive on another computer and try to reinstall.
U
  • Force shut down and Reboot from this point.
  • Once on CBM, go to "Options">
    • "Boot Args ": and just have only the flags dart=0 -v
    • Go down to Graphics Injector> and open
      • [√] NvidiaWebdriver
      • NO check [ ] Inject Nvidia
    • Esc
  • Back to CBM and try booting your HS System Disk where you have installed the Webdriver and see if that will boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back