HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I created a USB Yosemite installer, but can't boot from it.

My current setup is a Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Hackintosh system. I created a 2nd partition on the same OS drive as Mtn Lion in the hopes to have a dual boot machine.

When I reboot and hold down the Option key, I can never choose USB, and I always end up at the Mtn Lion partition login. A couple times I started to see the newer Yosemite progress bar under the apple icon (grey screen) as if Yosemite was getting ready to install, but I'm pretty quickly switched back to Mtn Lion again.

Any suggestions? I created the Mtn Lion Hackintosh drive a couple years ago so this process is a little fuzzy.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Can't boot from USB after creating Yosemite installer

A few things to note. I didn't realize I was in a USB3 port with the USB key, which explains why I couldn't boot to it initially :clap:
Once I booted to USB and finished the install I was getting the can't find mach_kernerl error for hours even after editing the Chameleon.plist, etc etc. After reading the forum all night, I finally decided to update my original partition to Chimera 4.1.0 and that fixed it for me. Now I can boot to either partition successfully. Now, to make an image and enjoy the machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back