i7-4770
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys.
I am afraid I messed up with my config.plist file while i was trying to sort out Facetime. Now Hackintosh does not boot at all. I can only see apple logo and the bar doesnt move.
I am afraid my usb installer is formatted to install windows. I guess I cloned (I may be wrong) somewhere I can access, there are install macOS app files I cant see any config.plist there.Or I can prepare a new bootable USB as I did in the beginning to install Hackintosh but still I dont know how to use bootable USB to correct the plist.
I can access my Hackintosh drive and my time machine when I boot the computer from Windows. I can see some EFI backups and EFI folder on Hackintosh's drive
Any idea how I can fix it. I think if I can manage to locate my config.plist backup file (if there is any) and paste in to the right spot, it may work. I dont know.
Many thanks for you help in advance

What version of macOS are you using? I'm assuming Sierra
Also can I get a list of your hardware and any patches you may have been using?

What version of macOS are you using? I'm assuming Sierra
Also can I get a list of your hardware and any patches you may have been using?
Thanks for your reply
It is a Sierra on HP6300 with GT1030 graphics card, followed the instructions from the following link. I honestly cant tell anything about the patches etc. It was all fine just before I tried to enable the Facetime.
I can reinstall and restore from Timemachine but I would like to learn how to recover if you mess with Clover configuration. I keep reading forums and watching videos.It is a good learning cycle, I wish I had more time and can do more research.
Thanks for your kind reply anyway.

I appreciate the effort you are making trying to figure things out so I'm going to try to help.

First, what changes did you make to the config file to try to get FaceTime working?
The current version of clover allows you to choose from alternate config files at boot. Next time you edit a config file, keep the original just in case and use Clover at boot to select the config that works.

Second, did you use a guide from this site to build your machine? If so, let us know which one.

Third, please add you hardware details to your signature so we don't have to scroll around trying to find what you have. See how my current details show up under my Tomato on the left?

Fourth, you might need to recreate the USB OS X install drive. The installer contains the Terminal program that you can use to make edits and remove kexts and thing like that.

Fifth, If you can see the Mac boot disk when in Windows and you can mount the EFI disk you might be able to fix the config file within Windows... but I'm not sure if Windows will use the same ASCII for the text... hmmm ...

The config.plist file is a raw text file that can be viewed and edited with a text editor. NEVER use a word processor to edit raw text files.

I appreciate the effort you are making trying to figure things out so I'm going to try to help.

First, what changes did you make to the config file to try to get FaceTime working?
The current version of clover allows you to choose from alternate config files at boot. Next time you edit a config file, keep the original just in case and use Clover at boot to select the config that works.

Second, did you use a guide from this site to build your machine? If so, let us know which one.

Third, please add you hardware details to your signature so we don't have to scroll around trying to find what you have. See how my current details show up under my Tomato on the left?

Fourth, you might need to recreate the USB OS X install drive. The installer contains the Terminal program that you can use to make edits and remove kexts and thing like that.

Fifth, If you can see the Mac boot disk when in Windows and you can mount the EFI disk you might be able to fix the config file within Windows... but I'm not sure if Windows will use the same ASCII for the text... hmmm ...

The config.plist file is a raw text file that can be viewed and edited with a text editor. NEVER use a word processor to edit raw text files.

Thank you for your help
I must say, I managed to solve the problem before I read your post.However, your post is informative. I need to learn very basic things first to be able to deal with complicated issues. It is nice learning curve for me. I wish had more time though.

I would like to explain how I managed to solve it, just in case,if anybody experiences a similar problem:
As I said, I had access to my Hackintosh drive from my Win10 OS. I followed this guide to mount, mount browse and make changes ( copy, paste,delete ,rename).
Rest of it was easy peasy. Copied config.plist from EFI backup and paste in to the actual EFI and booted nice and smoothly. Now I need to get rid of unnecessary boot options and make sure it boots automatically from Hckintosh drive as now I have to press the enter key, it was not like this before. But as I have said it is a learning curve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back