Dell XPS 9550
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 960M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have updated my BIOS to the latest Version and now I had to change to OsxAptioFix2Drv that I have an chance to boot again. The old OsxAptioFixDrv doesn't work with the latest BIOS Version. I know that I have to configure the Slide Value that I can boot with OsxAptioFix2Drv. I have attached my memmpap from the UEFI Shell and the Boot Error.

I tried some calculations to get the Slide Value but they are all failed to boot.

Maybe someone can give me an tip how to configure the Slide Value correctly.

Thank you.

Attachments

• osxaptio.jpeg
    osxaptio.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 110
  • memmap.jpeg
    memmap.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 128
Hello,

I have updated my BIOS to the latest Version and now I had to change to OsxAptioFix2Drv that I have an chance to boot again. The old OsxAptioFixDrv doesn't work with the latest BIOS Version. I know that I have to configure the Slide Value that I can boot with OsxAptioFix2Drv. I have attached my memmpap from the UEFI Shell and the Boot Error.

I tried some calculations to get the Slide Value but they are all failed to boot.

Maybe someone can give me an tip how to configure the Slide Value correctly.

Thank you.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I have attached my Clover Folder now.

Edit: I was now able to boot successfully with Slide Value 121. With the help of the calculation in my memmap. You can mark the thread as solved.

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I have attached my Clover Folder now.

Edit: I was now able to boot successfully with Slide Value 121. With the help of the calculation in my memmap. You can mark the thread as solved.

Marked solved.

Sometimes OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi should be used instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

The OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi doesn't work anymore when the latest BIOS is installed on the XPS 15 9550.

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi doesn't work anymore when the latest BIOS is installed on the XPS 15 9550.

Like I wrote "sometimes"...
There are a host of factors that can affect this...

I don't know what Dell has changed in the BIOS Update that it isn't now compatible anymore with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Before the update it was fine and the new Update requires now OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and a correct slide vlue calculated to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back