Contribute
Register

[solved] Cannot pair/connect bluetooth mouse with BCM94352z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to see "Problem Reporting" files in each scenario.
May be this commit by the-darkvoid: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/commit/66066f6613f0d3e2c1063ef1e8b7478f3828d2fb
I did again several careful tests, it turns out that there is nothing to do with BrcmPatchRAM version, it is the signal interference, especially with my Apple Watch and its paired iPhone, when I put my Apple Watch and its paired iPhone into another room, the bluetooth mouse can be paired with hackintosh correctly, no matter with newer version of BrcmPatchRAM or the older one. I guess the antenna reception of the replaced BCM94352z is not quite well designed or not installed quite correctly in my setup...

I did again several careful tests, it turns out that there is nothing to do with BrcmPatchRAM version, it is the signal interference, especially with my Apple Watch and its paired iPhone, when I put my Apple Watch and its paired iPhone into another room, the bluetooth mouse can be paired with hackintosh correctly, no matter with newer version of BrcmPatchRAM or the older one. I guess the antenna reception of the replaced BCM94352z is not quite well designed or not installed quite correctly in my setup...

Marked solved.

I had the very same problem (bt apparently worked, discovery ok, connection failed after a while, seemed like an antenna problem) then I realised that I was bootloader-injecting the BRCM "Repo" kext instead of the "Data" one. Swapping for the correct one solved the issue.

Same problem here pairing the mouse ... changing the "Repo" kext with "Data" solved my problem :D

Same problem here pairing the mouse ... changing the "Repo" kext with "Data" solved my problem :D

As per BrcmPatchRAM README, only BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext can be used in EFI/Clover/kexts. The recommendation is to install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to the system volume. It is the most efficient option (BrcmFirmwareData.kext has very inefficient memory usage).

As per BrcmPatchRAM README, only BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext can be used in EFI/Clover/kexts. The recommendation is to install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to the system volume. It is the most efficient option (BrcmFirmwareData.kext has very inefficient memory usage).

Hi RehabMan - I have a fully working machine. Despite seeing bluetooth and btle in sys info when I try to pair I get nothing at all.
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kex in /L/E

Any suggestions?

Update - I removed the bluetooth cache and have the device connected. However it's rather poor connection and flaky. After a few times it stops all together and needs to be paired again. Once again removing the bluetooth caches.

My Wifi BT card is
BCM94352Z NGFF M.2 WiFi WLAN Bluetooth 4.0 802.11ac

The antenna is external

Hope you have a suggestion

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan - I have a fully working machine. Despite seeing bluetooth and btle in sys info when I try to pair I get nothing at all.
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kex in /L/E

Any suggestions?

Update - I removed the bluetooth cache and have the device connected. However it's rather poor connection and flaky. After a few times it stops all together and needs to be paired again. Once again removing the bluetooth caches.

My Wifi BT card is
BCM94352Z NGFF M.2 WiFi WLAN Bluetooth 4.0 802.11ac

The antenna is external

Hope you have a suggestion

Thanks

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And you didn't mention what device you're trying to pair.

Nothing to do with BrcmPatchRAM version, it is the signal interference

Yup. I was pulling out my hair for a full day, trying to get my Logi MX Ergo mouse to pair, before just unplugging the WiFi router near the hack. Smooth pairing in moments. Will change my router's settings so it only broadcasts on the 5Ghz band. Actually this will probably help with another audio interference problem we've been experiencing at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back