Register

[SOLVED] Cannot Install Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Re: Cannot Install Lion

so I tried making the usb again but it still wont get t the welcome screen of the installer. Still the blue. :problem:

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Anyone Have any ideas on how to boot with a 6950. I have a p67 board so no onboard. It worked once its bound to work again...

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

OK, I tried the USB boot again but now I overpass the Big Light blue screen and come to a white screen with my mouse but nothing else is loading. I tried -x,-v,PCIRootUID=1,GraphicsEnabler=No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes,-f,-s. I deleted ATIRadeonX3000.kext and I am doing better. It looks like full resolution (1680x1050). What now?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

So I found out how to install lion with a 6950. You need to go into System/Library/Extensions on the lion usb installer, then delete ATIRadeonX3000.kext, ATISupport.kext and ATIFramebuffer.kext. Installer boots with GraphicsEnabler=No and Lion boots without a command. Make sure you use Unibeast and if you have an i5 2500k... you need to set the multiplier to 29 to get to the installer. I would like to thank Jester969, TonyMacx86, MacMan and Apple for getting my system up and running. :clap:

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0
CPU
W3680
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm on the same boat as you but I was able to install Lion with another card then switch to my 6950 and I'm stuck on the apple logo screen with my mouse. I deleted the ATI kext but still no luck :/

Status
Not open for further replies.