Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GT 640
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been reading through the guides carefully and looking here in the forums (specifically at Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems) but I cannot find any solution so I'm posting this thread.

I and doing an upgrade install from 10.9.5 (from Chimera) and I have gotten as far as step 4, almost to the end of step 4 but after the installation restarts, the system drive will not boot to complete the installation. I am attaching a photo of what is the displayed before the system crashes and reboots. The one with the last line "system uptime is..." is the screen after adding the cpus=1 boot flag. IMG_0898.jpgIMG_0900.jpg

This is what I have tried:
I have the BIOS settings set following the install guide and the boot devices are UEFI and the boot selection is UEFI only.
nv_disable=1
cpus=1

Could the problem be that the chimera files are still in the system drive? (as this is an upgrade install from 10.9.5 which used Chimera)

I would really appreciate any suggestions here! I've learned a lot from this forum but really still feel like I'm flying blind!

Felix

That did the trick! Thank you so much!
I didn't know how to remove it via clover so I removed the drive, plugged it in via USB to my laptop and ran that terminal command to remove it there. (the one mentioned in that thread link above you provided).
Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back