Graphics
GT-240
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have the GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD6 MB. Everything is working fine except the SATA 6Gb/s ports (there are two of them). The two 6Gb/s ports are unresponsive.

I have tried various combinations of the JMicron36xeSATA, JMicron36ATA or JMicron36xSATA drivers to no avail. I am currently using the JMicron36xSATA driver only.

I believe these worked briefly when I first built the machine, but it's possible something has made these ports not work, maybe an upgrade.

The BIOS is set to the recommended default settings for a hackintosh. I am using a custom DSDT from this site. I am using minimal drivers. All updates system updates are applied, including the latest version of OSX.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Re: Cannot get SATA 6Gb/s ports to work on GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD6

MDL said:
I have the GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD6 MB. Everything is working fine except the SATA 6Gb/s ports (there are two of them). The two 6Gb/s ports are unresponsive.

I have tried various combinations of the JMicron36xeSATA, JMicron36ATA or JMicron36xSATA drivers to no avail. I am currently using the JMicron36xSATA driver only.

I believe these worked briefly when I first built the machine, but it's possible something has made these ports not work, maybe an upgrade.

The BIOS is set to the recommended default settings for a hackintosh. I am using a custom DSDT from this site. I am using minimal drivers. All updates system updates are applied, including the latest version of OSX.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
There are no SATA3 drivers for OS X at this time. The ports should work at SATA II speeds when configured as AHCI.

MacMan said:
There are no SATA3 drivers for OS X at this time. The ports should work at SATA II speeds when configured as AHCI.

Right, but these ports are dead. I thought the jmicron drivers were to activate these? The white ports on a gigabyte board.

MDL said:
MacMan said:

Right, but these ports are dead. I thought the jmicron drivers were to activate these? The white ports on a gigabyte board.
Are you sure they are enabled and configured as AHCI?

The JMIcron kexts are only for the GSATA ports, they do nothing for the Marvell 9128 ports.

Thank you, I will double check.

MacMan said:
Are you sure they are enabled and configured as AHCI?

The JMIcron kexts are only for the GSATA ports, they do nothing for the Marvell 9128 ports.

That was it. For some reason, I didn't have the ports configured properly in the bios. Thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back