Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
EVGA 970 SC 4GB
Hello All!

I'm hoping you can help with a booting issue I'm having. My relatively problem free hackintosh randomly set itself to "hibernated" in the clover boot manager and I'm no longer able to boot. The boot option specifically says "Boot macOS from Macintosh HD (hibernated)." When I attempt to boot I get stuck at the black screen with the white apple logo and status bar. I tried selecting "cancel hibernate wake" in the boot options but I still get stuck at the black screen with the apple logo. I also tried booting into recovery and with my USB but I always get stuck at the black screen with the apple logo. I flagged Verbose on one of my attempts to take a picture of the results. I've attached that photo.

Any ideas on what could be going on or how I can fix the issue?

Attachments

• IMG_20171217_133727.jpg
    IMG_20171217_133727.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 805
Any ideas on what could be going on or how I can fix the issue?
If it really is an issue with hibernation then just disable it.
In Terminal :
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Note that updates may reverse this so you may have to repeat it after updating.

If it really is an issue with hibernation then just disable it.
In Terminal :
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Note that updates may reverse this so you may have to repeat it after updating.

Thanks for the suggestion! Can I access terminal to enter the codes from clover? (Sorry, I am a bit of a newbie)

Thanks for the suggestion! Can I access terminal to enter the codes from clover? (Sorry, I am a bit of a newbie)
You can access it from your USB installer or from the Recovery partition (assuming that it is set up correctly).

The image that you uploaded does not seem to indicate a problem with hibernation.
Are you able to boot in safe mode ?

You can access it from your USB installer or from the Recovery partition (assuming that it is set up correctly).

The image that you uploaded does not seem to indicate a problem with hibernation.
Are you able to boot in safe mode ?

I am not able to boot from my USB installer or from the Recovery partition in clover. I am not able to boot in safe mode either. Should I try to select the USB installer from the BIOS?

I am not able to boot in safe mode either. Should I try to select the USB installer from the BIOS?
No, from your f12 Boot Menu.

No, from your f12 Boot Menu.

Gotcha. I tried that and all I get is the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device message." Does that mean there is something wrong with the bootable USB?

Gotcha. I tried that and all I get is the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device message." Does that mean there is something wrong with the bootable USB?
It would seem so. Either that or your BIOS settings.

It would seem so. Either that or your BIOS settings.

ah ha! My BIOS settings were the problem. I never thought to look there but since you mentioned it I checked. Somehow the settings that I originally made when I built my hackintosh reset to the default. Not sure how that happened but I changed them back and now my machine boots like nothing ever happened! Problem fixed!

Thank you for your patience and help, P1LGRIM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back