Contribute
Register

[Solved] Cannot Boot From Cloned Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System make and model names > See Rules!
CPU
> Need full CPU model number > See Rules!
Graphics
> Need model name or version number > See Rules!
I cloned my working Sierra SSD drive to a new SSD drive using SuperDuper. I am unable to boot from the cloned drive. I have to boot from the original drive and select the new drive in clover. Once it boots, it works fine.

I tried installing multibeast again but no luck. Is there something else I need to do to get this to work?

I cloned my working Sierra SSD drive to a new SSD drive using SuperDuper. I am unable to boot from the cloned drive. I have to boot from the original drive and select the new drive in clover. Once it boots, it works fine.

I tried installing multibeast again but no luck. Is there something else I need to do to get this to work?

Of course you can't boot from it since you have not installed Clover on the new drive.

Install Clover on the new drive and then copy the contents of the EFI partition on the old drive to the EFI partition of the new drive, and then you should be able to boot from the new drive without the old drive.

Of course you can't boot from it since you have not installed Clover on the new drive.

Install Clover on the new drive and then copy the contents of the EFI partition on the old drive to the EFI partition of the new drive, and then you should be able to boot from the new drive without the old drive.

Thanks for your help. I reinstalled multibeast and I am able to boot now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back