CPU
intel i5 4460
Graphics
nvidia GTX970
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is my second hackintosh install, therfore I am not that experienced.
From what i have found online, the problem is usually with the serial ports - so I disabled it in the Bios, but I still have the same problem.

HERE IS A PHOTO OF WHAT I GET IN VERBOSE MODE, WHEN BOOTING IN NORMAL MODE:
15193659289302052141921.jpg

If it helps, I get a failed Installation error in clover installer. And I am unable to mount EFI partition.

GA-H97M-D3H
I5 4460
GTX 970
HIGH SIERRA 10.13.3
HFS file system

Last edited:
This is my second hackintosh install, therfore I am not that experienced.
From what i have found online, the problem is usually with the serial ports - so I disabled it in the Bios, but I still have the same problem.

HERE IS A PHOTO OF WHAT I GET IN VERBOSE MODE, WHEN BOOTING IN NORMAL MODE: View attachment 315141

If it helps, I get a failed Installation error in clover installer. And I am unable to mount EFI partition.

GA-H97M-D3H
I5 4460
GTX 970
HIGH SIERRA 10.13.3
HFS file system
Remove NVIDIA GTX 970 from PCIE slot
Install High Sierra using Intel HD 4600
Install Nvidia Graphics + required additional kexts to CLOVER and /S/L/E and edit config.plist to use NvidiaWeb and injectKexts
Change BIOS to use PCIE from previously set IGFX ,
Shut down PC to Reinsert Nvidia in PCIE
Reboot.

Attachments

• Graphics problem.png
    Graphics problem.png
    463.4 KB · Views: 738
Install Nvidia Graphics + required additional kexts to CLOVER and /S/L/E and edit config.plist to use NvidiaWeb and injectKexts
Reboot.
Reboot.
Thanks for replying this quickly!!
I will do that, and I'll keep you updated.

Btw, do you recommend sticking with Intel graphics?

Samuel

Last edited:
Thanks for replying this quickly!!
I will do that, and I'll keep you updated.

Btw, do you recommend sticking with Intel graphics?

Samuel
No, you can install your favorite NVIDIA GTX 970 PCIE as a second stage of installation .

• From your present setup as NVIDIA in PCIE SLOT+ Monitor connected with a Digital cable to Nvidia and Error screen, Force Reboot and ENTER BIOS.
  • Change BIOS >Peripherals>Initial Display from PCIE to IGFX
  • Change DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory to 128M or at least 64M
  • Make your UEFI macOS High Sierra USB Installer as #1 in Boot Option Priorities
  • Disable everything else you see in that Boot Options Priority list to make boot menu less crowded.
  • Check all other menu to be OK for MacOS booting as per accepted recommendations. (Guide /prior knowledge etc)
  • Save the settings and reboot with F-10 >ENTER
  • Monitor Screen complaints "No Display"
  • Shut Down PC
  • Remove Power cable from PSU socket
  • Press Power Button a few times to discharge any residual charge to be safe inside the case
  • Remove Video cable from NVIDIA Graphics Port
  • Remove Case panel to open case
  • Carefully disconnect PCIE Power from NVIDIA PCIE Graphics
  • Carefully remove Nvidia PCIE Card from its slot without disturbing near by devices from their secure connections
  • Reconnect PWR
  • Reboot
  • Enter BIOS and make sure all settings are as you left them last
  • Boot USB installer to CBM screen
  • Make sure to select Boot Args: -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware. [ the last flag may not be necessary but no harm in having]
  • Go to GraphicsInjector-> and do the following:
    • [√]InjectIntel
    • Fake ID=0x 04128086
    • *-platform-id =0x0D220003
  • Return to CBM and boot your Installer
  • Once you complete the installation on the HDD >install CLOVER on it .
    • You can use Multibeast for high Sierra .
    • After install you will see the EFI of HDD mounted on the desktop
    • I suggest you check and edit the config.plist if needed using Clover Configurator Vibrant DOWNLOAD
    • I suggest opening EFI>EFI>CLOVER >kexts and Remove all numbered folders 10.6 to 10.13 (They are empty and have no useful function in High Sierra)
    • ONLY /kexts/Other really matters and should have all ESSENTIAL kexts inside [See image]
    • Open config.plist with CCV and edit "Devices" section to type in Fake ID for IntelGFX =0x 04128086 (same as in GraphicsInjector in CBM screen)
    • Open "Graphics" section and [√]Inject Intel ig-platform-id =0x0D220003
    • Open Rt Variables and disable SIP by changing CsrActiveConfig=0x67
    • In boot Args [√] Verbose [√]dart=0 [√]disablegfxfirmware
    • Save config.plist after edit through the 2nd arrow on bottom left of CCV window.
  • Reboot one more time still through USB installer to CBM and then through HS HDD to desktop and eject USB installer
  • Reboot without USB to show the System needs no USB installer to boot
  • Now Download Nvidia Webbdriver for your version of MacOS from https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/
  • using CCV change Rt Variable >CsrActiveConfig from 0x67 to 0x0 to Disable SIP Temporarily to install Nvidia Webdriver
  • Install Nvidia Web driver just clicking through .
  • Download NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext Download and paste the kext to /Clover/kexts/Other
  • You've already installed latest Lilu.kext for Intel Hd 4600 as in my uploaded image and that works with NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
  • Install NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to/S/L/E using Kext Wizard or Kext Utility
  • Open config.plist and remove [√] InjectIntel and check System Parameters menu to confirm it has [√]NvidiaWeb and Inject Kexts [Yes] and the permanent feature [√] Inject System ID
  • Once all done, reboot
  • Go to BIOS >Peripherals and make Intial Display to PCIE and DISABLE Intel Processor Graphics and Save
  • Reboot >No Display> Open case > Insert Nvidia >Connect Monitor to its port> and Reboot
  • Check you are booting verbose and Graphics Injector shows [√]NvidiaWeb and no Intel HD 4600 .

Attachments

• kexts:Other.png
    kexts:Other.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
No, you can install your favorite NVIDIA GTX 970 PCIE as a second stage of installation .

• From your present setup as NVIDIA in PCIE SLOT+ Monitor connected with a Digital cable to Nvidia and Error screen, Force Reboot and ENTER BIOS.
  • Change BIOS >Peripherals>Initial Display from PCIE to IGFX
  • Change DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory to 128M or at least 64M
  • Make your UEFI macOS High Sierra USB Installer as #1 in Boot Option Priorities
  • Disable everything else you see in that Boot Options Priority list to make boot menu less crowded.
  • Check all other menu to be OK for MacOS booting as per accepted recommendations. (Guide /prior knowledge etc)
  • Save the settings and reboot with F-10 >ENTER
  • Monitor Screen complaints "No Display"
  • Shut Down PC
  • Remove Power cable from PSU socket
  • Press Power Button a few times to discharge any residual charge to be safe inside the chase
  • Remove Video cable from NVIDIA Graphics Port
  • Remove Case panel to open case
  • Carefully disconnect PCIE Power from NVIDIA PCIE Graphics
  • Carefully remove Nvidia PCIE Card from its slot without disturbing near by devices from their secure connections
  • Reconnect PWR
  • Reboot
  • Enter BIOS and make sure all settings are as you left them last
  • Boot USB installer to CBM screen
  • Make sure to select Boot Args: -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware. [ the last flag may not be necessary but no harm in having]
  • Go to GraphicsInjector-> and do the following:
    • [√]InjectIntel
    • Fake ID=0x 04128086
    • *-platform-id =0x0D220003
  • Return to CBM and boot your Installer
  • Once you complete the installation on the HDD >install CLOVER on it .
    • You can use Multibeast for high Sierra .
    • After install you will see the EFI of HDD mounted on the desktop
    • I suggest you check and edit the config.plist if needed using Clover Configurator Vibrant DOWNLOAD
    • I suggest opening EFI>EFI>CLOVER >kexts and Remove all numbered folders 10.6 to 10.13 (They are empty and have no useful function in High Sierra)
    • ONLY /kexts/Other really matters and should have all ESSENTIAL kexts inside [See image]
    • Open config.plist with CCV and edit "Devices" section to type in Fake ID for IntelGFX =0x 04128086 (same as in GraphicsInjector in CBM screen)
    • Open "Graphics" section and [√]Inject Intel ig-platform-id =0x0D220003
    • Open Rt Variables and disable SIP by changing CsrActiveConfig=0x67
    • In boot Args [√] Verbose [√]dart=0 [√]disablegfxfirmware
    • Save config.plist after edit through the 2nd arrow on bottom left of CCV window.
  • Reboot one more time still through USB installer to CBM and then through HS HDD to desktop and eject USB installer
  • Reboot without USB to show the System needs no USB installer to boot
  • Now Download Nvidia Webbdriver for your version of MacOS from https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/
  • using CCV change Rt Variable >CsrActiveConfig from 0x67 to 0x0 to Disable SIP Temporarily to install Nvidia Webdriver
  • Install Nvidia Web driver just clicking through .
  • Download NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext Download and paste the kext to /Clover/kexts/Other
  • You've already installed latest Lilu.kext for Intel Hd 4600 as in my uploaded image and that works with NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
  • Install NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to/S/L/E using Kext Wizard or Kext Utility
  • Open config.plist and remove [√] InjectIntel and check System Parameters menu to confirm it has [√]NvidiaWeb and Inject Kexts [Yes] and the permanent feature [√] Inject System ID
  • Once all done, reboot
  • Go to BIOS >Peripherals and make Intial Display to PCIE and DISABLE Intel Processor Graphics and Save
  • Reboot >No Display> Open case > Insert Nvidia >Connect Monitor to its port> and Reboot
  • Check you are booting verbose and Graphics Injector shows [√]NvidiaWeb and no Intel HD 4600 .
Thanks so much for the extremly detailed guide.
As for now, re-installing with Intel graphics worked perfectly, Sadly, I ran into another problem I am currently trying to fix. I installed clover, but the efi partition won't mount. I will find a solution for this.
Be sure I will use your great guide when fixed!

For now, I can't be enough thankful for your help!

Samuel

I re-installed high sierra using the classic Uni-Beast Multi-Beast method, along with clover configurator.
I followed your exact steps, and i am now writing this on my new Hackintosh!

I cannot thank you enough.

Samuel

I re-installed high sierra using the classic Uni-Beast Multi-Beast method, along with clover configurator.
I followed your exact steps, and i am now writing this on my new Hackintosh!

I cannot thank you enough.

Samuel
:clap:. Congratulations.
  • Cloning your current fully updated system disk is a good insurance against sudden catastrophic disk failure.
  • If you are interested, you may look at Clonezilla cloning for Mac/Windows and Linux disks on to equal or larger sized disks , SATA spin or SDD, irrespective of the Format of the source disk ( HFS+J or APFS)-> #2
  • Cloning the "Golden" USB Installer Flash disk to another one to create a spare is something I do using Disk Utility Restore tool followed by Clover installation manually on to the Installer.

I was having the same issue after updating from 10.13.4 to 10.13.5. Removing graphics card [GTX 950 in my case] and updating NVIDIA graphics drivers - then reinstalling card did the trick. I kept thinking nv_disable=1 should of done the trick but for some reason, the card has to be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back