Contribute
Register

[Solved] Built-in Sound not working in El Capitan (mobo GA-P55M-UD2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Toleda.I followed your instructions: I changed the layout Id in the DSDT, reinstalled the native AppleHDA.kext, deleted any HDA enabler kext and re ran the ALC clover patch command. It worked well in both 10.10 and 10.11, since I was able to select the built in audio connectors versus the USB sound device.

Do you mind giving me step-by-step instructions for this, and posting the files, like your DSDT? I'm totally new to Clover and I'm used to just ticking a box in Multibeast. It's a bit over my head. I tried the dsdt/clover folder you posted on the first page and it's not letting my computer wake from sleep...if I use my old dsdt sleep works fine.

Edit: well, nevermind. After using my old dsdt and re-running the ALC clover patch it just worked. Not complaining.

Sure. I'll post the clover folder later today.

Bro, I have same audio chips "ALC888b", in multibeast I use to choose "ALC887/888b" and it works fine. But now with El Capitan, it doesn't work at all, I could try your way to modify DSDT's audio layer, but I have on idea how to do that. My board is H55M-S2

@jzrodriguez98 Bit of a sidetrack here but how did you get El Captain to install in the first place?. I have the same board and firstly I was able to boot into the os x install screen but no usb mouse or keyboard. Added MacPro3,1 smbios in clover configuration but now I get a kernel panic on boot which involves (I think) the usb kext. Any pointers would be appreciated. :)

@jzrodriguez98 Bit of a sidetrack here but how did you get El Captain to install in the first place?. I have the same board and firstly I was able to boot into the os x install screen but no usb mouse or keyboard. Added MacPro3,1 smbios in clover configuration but now I get a kernel panic on boot which involves (I think) the usb kext. Any pointers would be appreciated. :)

In the evening I'll write for you a summary of what I did. Basically I cloned Yosemite in a second HDD and on it I made direct upgrade to El Capitan GM Candidate. In clover configurator I patched the DSDT and also created a SSDT which was referenced in the config.plist file that boots both Yosemite and the Capitan partition to rename the USB ports to overcome the port count issues (see the thread that I created for that which was supported by Rehabman) and deleted the genericusbxhci kext that causes kp. Once I booted with mouse and kb working I installed the Nvidia web drivers (my gpu don't like the native drivers) and finally fixed the built-in sound card issue. Make sure that you pick the iMac 11,3 in the SMBIOS in clover configurator and tick the generate c-state and p-state options if you have the i5-750 cpu. I did the clover edits in the Yosemite partition and also used the screen sharing option from a real mac to overcome the lack of mouse and kb. The working clover bootloader is still in the Yosemite HDD.

I have a GA-H55M-UD2H. Audio don´t work.

I have tried to run the script (CloverALC110 script). (I am not sure if I make all correct). I have mounted EFI partition with EFI-Mounter-v2 but scripts says " EFI partition is not mounted"
My USB have the correct DSDT.aml (F11 version). I still boot Computer with USB

During the restart I can heard a small "blip" from speakers but I still not see the built in sound device (preferences->sound)

I don´t know if I need to copy the DSDT.aml file again. It its really loading?

any advices?

I have a GA-H55M-UD2H. Audio don´t work.

I have tried to run the script (CloverALC110 script). (I am not sure if I make all correct). I have mounted EFI partition with EFI-Mounter-v2 but scripts says " EFI partition is not mounted"
My USB have the correct DSDT.aml (F11 version). I still boot Computer with USB

During the restart I can heard a small "blip" from speakers but I still not see the built in sound device (preferences->sound)

I don´t know if I need to copy the DSDT.aml file again. It its really loading?

any advices?

Regarding the sound, check the audio layout id in About This Mac, System Report, Audio. Make sure that the audio Id you select when running the command is the same that you see in the system report (I had a mismatch that I fixed by editing the id directly in the DSDT as instructed by Toleda in the thread). Check that the command patched your config.plist file as well. You may export the terminal verbose after running the command and attach it to a post here to see what's happening.

About This Mac->System Report->Audio.
-----------------
Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 889

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output:

Connection: Internal

Line Output:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

External Microphone / iPhone Headset:

External Microphone / iPhone Headset:

Headphone:

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output:

Connection: Combination Output

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Input:

Connection: Combination Input

-----------------

About the script: I have tried all the three values: 1, 2 and 3

[...]
Audio IDs:
1 - 3/5/6 port Realtek ALCxxx audio
2 - 3 port (5.1) Realtek ALCxxx audio (n/a 885)
3 - HD3000/HD4000 HDMI and Realtek ALCxxx audio (n/a 885/1150 & 887/888 Legacy)
Select Audio ID: 3
[...]

View attachment output-script.txt

About the config.plist
I have a lot of :crazy:

./EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
./EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/config.plist
./EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/UEFI/config.plist
./EFI-Backups/r3270/2015-10-07-18h48/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
./EFI-Backups/r3270/2015-10-07-18h48/EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/config.plist
./EFI-Backups/r3270/2015-10-07-18h48/EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/UEFI/config.plist
./Volumes/MACUSB/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
./Volumes/MACUSB/EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/config.plist
./Volumes/MACUSB/EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/UEFI/config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back