Contribute
Register

[Solved] Built-in Sound not working in El Capitan (mobo GA-P55M-UD2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z590-A Pro
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a question for any of the experts here: I have not been able to set up the buil-in sound in my hackintosh (mobo GA-P55M-UD2) neither in Yosemite nor El Capitan. According to the mobo specifications, built-in sound is supposed to be based on Realtek ALC 888B. Whew I look at the system report in 10.11 it says that the audio ID is 887. I checked in Windows and it says the same thing in the device ID (in device manager). To overcome the sound issue, I installed a Sabrent USB sound device, but sometimes apps like GarageBand don't like it and after a while the sound stops being heard. I plug in speakers to the built-in speaker connectors but obviously don't work in Mac OS since in System Preferences the only sound output device recognized is the USB sound device. What fix would you recommend to try?

Built-in Sound not working in El Capitan (mobo GA-P55M-UD2)

I have a question for any of the experts here: I have not been able to set up the buil-in sound in my hackintosh (mobo GA-P55M-UD2) neither in Yosemite nor El Capitan. According to the mobo specifications, built-in sound is supposed to be based on Realtek ALC 888B. Whew I look at the system report in 10.11 it says that the audio ID is 887. I checked in Windows and it says the same thing in the device ID (in device manager). To overcome the sound issue, I installed a Sabrent USB sound device, but sometimes apps like GarageBand don't like it and after a while the sound stops being heard. I plug in speakers to the built-in speaker connectors but obviously don't work in Mac OS since in System Preferences the only sound output device recognized is the USB sound device. What fix would you recommend to try?

887 is a very supported audio codec, see here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

I tried the cloverALC/Clover patched method but I still not see the built in sound device as an available output device. Attached is the command that I ran, the EFI clover folder, the terminal exported text, the AppleHDA.kext and the ioreg for the benefit of those that would like to help me. The audio ID appearing in the About My Mac/System Report is 887. According to Gigabyte, the following are the mobo audit specifications:

Audio

Realtek ALC888B codec
High Definition Audio
2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
Support for S/PDIF In/Out
Support for CD In

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 272
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 186
  • CLOVER.zip
    26.5 MB · Views: 197
  • Jorge’s iMac.ioreg.zip
    540.3 KB · Views: 164
  • audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 205

I tried the cloverALC/Clover patched method but I still not see the built in sound device as an available output device. Attached is the command that I ran, the EFI clover folder, the terminal exported text, the AppleHDA.kext and the ioreg for the benefit of those that would like to help me. The audio ID appearing in the About My Mac/System Report is 887. According to Gigabyte, the following are the mobo audit specifications:

Audio

Realtek ALC888B codec
High Definition Audio
2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
Support for S/PDIF In/Out
Support for CD In

Strange layout-id you've chosen to use (0x0377).

What is HDAEnabler7.kext? Are you sure that's not interfering?

HDA enablers are a bad idea, but in this case the layout-id is coming from HDEF._DSM in DSDT.

IThe audio ID appearing in the About My Mac/System Report is 887.
Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id/0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 (replace: 0x77, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00)

Ok. Once i replace these values directly in the DSDT, what else I have to do? Reboot to confirm if it worked and the mobo sound is now available as output sound device?

Strange layout-id you've chosen to use (0x0377).

I did not choose the lay-out, I understand it was defined like that by the person that created the DSDT and published it in tonymac site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back