Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!

This is my first install ever. I did not build the hardware for the purpose, but wanted to make use of my powerful machine. The installation went fine. I've been running it for two days stable. This morning I woke up and the computer was asleep. It would not wake up. I hard reset it, now it will not boot. I have restarted many times during the past two days and it has been no issue.

The problem I am running into is:

Error allocating 0x12b15 pages at 0x0000000015791000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area

I have been browsing the web and have tried various things, but they've all just been guesses. So far I can't get past this.

I am running 10.14.2. I have not made changes to my hardware, config, or software that I can remember.

I can boot in Recovery Mode just fine.

My boot options are: keepsyms=1 dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 debug=0x100 -v -no_compat_check npci=0x2000

Thank you for any hints!

Attachments

• IMG_20181207_110011.jpg
    IMG_20181207_110011.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 150
I've faced this problem often in the past few days so even though you're on a different motherboard and CPU, you might try the following:
  1. Is DVMT Pre-Alloc for your iGPU set above 32MB in BIOS? If so, set to 32MB and try booting.
  2. Are you using EmuVariable64? If so, try removing it from the EFI folder. If you can boot to Recovery Mode, run Terminal and mount the EFI partition using this guide.
  1. Then cd to /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
  2. And rm EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi (check for correct file name)
  3. Reboot and see if the problem disappears.
  • If the memory allocation problem is still present after trying 1 and 2, then in my case re-flashing the motherboard BIOS fixes the problem. After a re-flash, we have to enter BIOS Setup, then Load Optimized Defaults and re-configure the BIOS parameters.
Note: This might get you past the memory allocation problem, but it may not solve the wake-from-sleep problem that caused this in the first place.

Edit: As an alternative to re-flashing the BIOS, you might try resetting the CMOS by following (or adapting) the bottom part of this post. The procedure for your motherboard may be different.

Last edited:
I've faced this problem often in the past few days so even though you're on a different motherboard and CPU, you might try the following:

This motherboard does not have an integrated GPU, nor did I have a file EmuVariable*efi on the EFI partition.

If the memory allocation problem is still present after trying 1 and 2, then in my case re-flashing the motherboard BIOS fixes the problem. After a re-flash, we have to enter BIOS Setup, then Load Optimized Defaults and re-configure the BIOS parameters.

This did it! Reflash my BIOS, and right up it came!

Thank you very much for this help. I do wonder what is causing it, but at least I have a work around if it happens again. About the sleep issue... I will start to track it down now, but will consult search engines and the forum first.

Thank you again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back