Contribute
Register

[solved] Broken Windows’ battery status after High Sierra 10.13.1 install on HP laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
coding skills
Off:
Can you recommend a particular path to follow to acquire essential skills before starting to read ACPI spec?

Off:
Can you recommend a particular path to follow to acquire essential skills before starting to read ACPI spec?

Hard to answer without knowing your background.
If you have (significant) C/C++/C#/Java experience, you should be able to pick up ACPI programming without issue.
Obviously, understanding a bit about hardware interfaces can help.

It has nothing to do with the thread I opened here, but it's just a simple question:

You mentioned here that this is one of the best (the second) methods to patch DSDT & SSDTs
Partial hotpatch:
- patched DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched
- only add-on SSDTs in ACPI/patched (eg. no patched SSDTs)
- renames (applies to DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched and native SSDTs) done with config.plist
- SortedOrder left unspecified
- DropOem=false

Is it possible to disable discrete graphics card via ACPI and adjust USB configuration according to this method (without patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched)? Or do I have to patch SSDTs and use AutoMerge=true (or SortedOrder instead) mandatorily?

It has nothing to do with the thread I opened here, but it's just a simple question:

You mentioned here that this is one of the best (the second) methods to patch DSDT & SSDTs

Is it possible to disable discrete graphics card via ACPI and adjust USB configuration according to this method (without patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched)? Or do I have to patch SSDTs and use AutoMerge=true (or SortedOrder instead) mandatorily?

Disabling the discrete card with static patch generally requires patching one or more SSDTs+DSDT.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Or you can hotpatch. The hotpatch guide is linked from the main ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Hi, I've same problem with battery management and HP laptop. I've tried to patching DSDT with "HP G6 2221ss" and also OS Check fix.
With ACPIBatteryManager.kext I can get battery percentage but battery don't work correctly. I need to unplug and reconnect it every time that I start OS X. (My laptop has no removal battery so I need to remove chassis).

PS. I've also problems with HDMI out working and disabling nvidia GTX965M but I think this is offtopic here!

Can you help me, please? :)

Attachments

• HP_OMEN_15.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 80
Hi, I've same problem with battery management and HP laptop. I've tried to patching DSDT with "HP G6 2221ss" and also OS Check fix.
With ACPIBatteryManager.kext I can get battery percentage but battery don't work correctly. I need to unplug and reconnect it every time that I start OS X. (My laptop has no removal battery so I need to remove chassis).

PS. I've also problems with HDMI out working and disabling nvidia GTX965M but I think this is offtopic here!

Can you help me, please? :)
I fixed it by applying the patch attached (RehabMan suggested it Here) to DSDT. This doesn't solve the problem at its root, but it's a workaround that did the job.

I think our laptops use exclusively the dedicated GPU for HDMI, not entirely sure though.

Also, this has nothing to do with your questions, but, since we have similar laptops, maybe it is worth to be mentioned:
I had to uninstall Realtek Audio drivers from Windows 10 (and use Microsoft drivers instead) to make audio working properly (patched AppleHDA.kext) in macOS.
It is written Here (post #229), even if that's a Desktop thread.

Attachments

• BROKEN BATTERY (DSDT Patch).txt
    120 bytes · Views: 138
Last edited:
Thanks! Now battery is working well, both in Windows and OS X and when I switch between them. My integrated audio is not working. Often I use a USB audio interface but it will be good to have integrated audio. I've tried to apply layout 13 to dsdt and applehda patched for layout 13 but no longer audio.

About HDMI I think the same of you... probably our HDMI port is directly connected to discrete graphics and there is no mode to have it working with integrated one. Maybe someone can confirm this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back