Contribute
Register

[Solved] Broadcom Wifi Bluetooth card sleep issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I have the same situation after installing the PCI-E BCM94360CS2 card in my hackintosh. I use SSDT patch for my motherboard and all ports work fine. I connected the bluetooth card to the internal USB port (HS11), which is displayed in the System Report as ‘USB2.0 Hub’. If I change the value of HS11 to 255, then the USB2.0 Hub is displayed as built-in, and the card connected to this port (HS11) is displayed as not Built-In and the hackintosh does not go to sleep. Where can I change 3 to 255 so that the “Built-In” value is on the bluetooth adapter.

thanks for any info

Attachments

• SSDT.png
    SSDT.png
    278 KB · Views: 248
  • System_report.png
    System_report.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 250
  • Hackintool_info.png
    Hackintool_info.png
    179.2 KB · Views: 244
Hi all!

I have the same situation after installing the PCI-E BCM94360CS2 card in my hackintosh. I use SSDT patch for my motherboard and all ports work fine. I connected the bluetooth card to the internal USB port (HS11), which is displayed in the System Report as ‘USB2.0 Hub’. If I change the value of HS11 to 255, then the USB2.0 Hub is displayed as built-in, and the card connected to this port (HS11) is displayed as not Built-In and the hackintosh does not go to sleep. Where can I change 3 to 255 so that the “Built-In” value is on the bluetooth adapter.

thanks for any info

Hi there.

You problem is because you are attaching to a USB2.0 Hub.

A lot of the latest motherboards, like yours, run a USB2.0 hub for extra ports. You have 8-ports like this - 4x on the back-panel, 4x internal.

Trouble is, you really need a lone port to avoid the wake problem and all yours are USB3.1 Gen 1 or 2.

You can try the process using one of the USB3.1 Gen 1 internal headers. There are more electrical contacts in USB3 ports than USB2 though, so this can be hit and miss, but give it a go with only an HS** label, so no SS** version, and use "UsbConnector" "255" and then cross fingers.

:)

Last edited:
Hey thanks,

I already tried both without success, my USB port shows up under EHC2 (or EH02 with clover renaming) and not HS02 or SS02. I am stuck how to apply the Port Patch then? In Hackintool the device doesn't show up as entry when plugging in.

Regards

EHC = your controller

HS** = a USB 2.0 port.

Not the same thing.

You can still configure HS ports on an EHC controller. As you point out there are 2x EHC controllers EH01 and EH02. Renames exist for ACPI.

EHCI controllers are USB2.0 only. No USB3.0 so no SS** ports.

thanks for the findings, are you able to wake the computer with bluetooth keyboard or mouse?

It's worth re-iterating the correct way to approach this problem - despite 3x pages of going at it incorrectly.

USBInjectAll.kext does what it's name suggests - makes all motherboard ports available to configure. The SSDT template you create, then compile, is the instruction set it then uses to configure each individual port you want to use and keep within the 15-port limit.

Editing the USBInjectAll.ext directly will mean you need to repeatedly edit every upgrade of the kext, whereas with an SSDT once the job is done, it's done. What's more USBInjectAll wasn't designed to be used that way.

Having trouble getting SSDT to both allow sleep and to allow Bluetooth to function simultaneously. I can get sleep OR Bluetooth working, but not both at the same time. When the port is defined as '0' Bluetooth works fine but machine won't sleep (expected behavior). But when defined as '255' Bluetooth doesn't function but sleep works fine. Wifi works in either configuration, and all other USB ports are working fine.

For background, I recently added Fenvi FV-1200 WiFi BT card that uses Broadcom BCM94360CS2 with the BT cable plugged into a USB 2 header on GA-Z97X-UD5H. After this card was installed, the machine would not sleep so I dug around and found that my SSDT was not correct as the port assigned to that internal header was defined as '0.' The USB header is port HP24 (under EH02/PR21 in attached screenshot). When I redefine HP24 as '255' the Bluetooth portion of the card no longer functions.

The following renames are in config.plist: XHCI -> XHC, XHC1 -> XHC, EHC1 -> EH01, EHC2 -> EH02. The SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-UAIC.aml files are generated via Hackintool (both attached).

I'm hoping to get the machine to have functioning Bluetooth and sleep, if possible.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 9.15.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 9.15.34 PM.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 103
  • SSDT-EC.aml
    91 bytes · Views: 90
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    828 bytes · Views: 91
I have a Z390 Ultra, not quite the same board. But here is my SSDT for the USB internal 2.0 connector my bluetooth is connected to. Happens to be port 13 on this board, I suspect if I moved it over to the other internal heads it would be 11 like your board. I'll attach my SSDT incase you want to try it, but I've disabled the front panel USB 3 because my case doesn't have those connections, just the internal 2.0 and back panel work.

"HS13",
Package (0x04)
{
"UsbConnector",
0xFF,
"port",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x0D, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}
},

I don't know if the problem is that '255' is being used instead of the binary '0xFF'?

It is also odd that instead of '0' or '0x00', that Zero is used on the other ports.

As far as the hub goes I don't know, but the system sleeps and wakes everything works with that.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    697 bytes · Views: 110
Funny I thought the 'Zero' entry was odd but that's what was auto-populated from Hackintool. I replaced all 'Zero' entries with '0x00' and saved in MaciASL. When I reopen the file they all go back to 'Zero.' I'm using MaciASL 1.31, is there an update? I appreciate your help - I'm a casual self-taught coder so not completely certain about syntax.

hi。。
with the help of creating USBPORT.KEXT

and changing the header from USB to interval via Hackintool ...

the sleep problem solved

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 5.38.30 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 5.38.30 PM.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 190
Hey @rj985 I have the same problem you described in #25 with a BCM94352Z card. In Post #28 you write that the solution is to use darkwake=10 as bootflag. In which configuration? Connector type set to 0 or 255?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back