Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 1080TI
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
Solution:
The usb injectors I have created using rehabmans guide was correct but it was being overridden by injectallusb.kext, because my bluetooth card was plugged into port HS14 which is supposed to show up at internal or 255, instead it was showing up as usb 3 (0x03), so I opened injectallUSB.kext(show package content) and changed HS14 to 255. everything works now!

I have worked hard to get this Hackintosh to where it is right now, everything works flawlessly, until I purchased a wifi/bluetooth card, it should be native to MacOSx and works out of the box!
Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS Combo Card (not sure if I'm allowed to include the link)
link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86-21

I have inject the USBs properly using this rehabman guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/)

This made the bluetooth and Wifi card work OOB(check out attached images), it connected to bluetooth devices flawlessly, but when I try to put the machine to sleep, it would prevent it from sleep and wakes right up, no display, just tries to go to sleep and fails again and again.

Here is the outcome of whats keeping the machine from sleep: pmset -g assertions
Pmset.png

something to do with power management? please advise further

Sleep works perfectly without the wifi/bluetooth combo card

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Bluetooth.png
    Bluetooth.png
    324.3 KB · Views: 1,157
  • USB.png
    USB.png
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,088
  • Wifi.png
    Wifi.png
    276 KB · Views: 1,015
Last edited:
any idea guys?

The Rules said:
Bumping a thread is allowed after waiting at least 24 hours with no more than one bump per day

thanks, I'm sorry, didn't know. I have solved the issue myself.

Hi all,
Solution:
The usb injectors I have created using rehabmans guide was correct but it was being overridden by injectallusb.kext, because my bluetooth card was plugged into port HS14 which is supposed to show up at internal or 255, instead it was showing up as usb 3 (0x03), so I opened injectallUSB.kext(show package content) and changed HS14 to 255. everything works now!

Hi fadis,

I got exactly the same card (and the same problem).

Good point with it is that it’s a combo card, and it even works in Windows 10 with the Boot Camp drivers!

Now if you could just explain in simple terms what to do to get it to play nice with my Hack’s sleep.

As a Hackintosh noob I’m a bit lost in your explanation.

I use Clover Configurator so if you could guide me through this I’d be very happy!

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the solution.
Worked for me using the same card and an Asus Maximus X hero, enabled ErP in BIOS, found which header my card was connected to using IOReg (HS10) and then set all the corresponding keys to 255.
Sleeping perfectly now and waking up by power button without any side-effects.

Hmmm, used IORegistyExplorer to find the right port (HS10) and set it's value to 255, restarted.... but the Hackintosh still won't go to sleep. What am I missing here?

Just to be sure I did it right, here's the relevant section of the file:

</dict>
<key>HS10</key>
<dict>
<key>UsbConnector</key>
<integer>255</integer>
<key>port</key>
<data>
CgAAAA==
</data>

Thanks all!

Thanks for the solution.
Worked for me using the same card and an Asus Maximus X hero, enabled ErP in BIOS, found which header my card was connected to using IOReg (HS10) and then set all the corresponding keys to 255.
Sleeping perfectly now and waking up by power button without any side-effects.
I have this exact same problem, but I'm not sure where you change the key to 255. I used maciASL to edit my .aml file to read "0x255" under the correct HS number.

It shows up in IOReg as 255, but it hasn't fixed the problem!

I think it should show up as 0xff in IOReg for the UsbConnector

Hi there.

You should just edit this in to your USB SSDT template while creating it. Then compile following the instructions and use as normal. No need to hack the USBInjectAll.kext.

There are several codes used when defining ports and '255' is the correct one for a motherboard header powering the BlueTooth adapter. This gets around BT waking the system via USB. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back