Contribute
Register

[Solved] Brand new build Mojave shutdown/sleep restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on the same boat as you OP, Corsair Hydro prevents hackintosh from going to sleep if connected.

Thank everyone for your great post in tonymacx86.
I've basically followed this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i9-9900k-z390-aorus-pro-dual-vega-64s.264948/ and now have a Mojave running on the new Hackintosh.

My build is
i7-8700k
32GB DDR4 Ram
Gigabyte Z390 Pro
Sapphire Vega 64
1TB Samsung 970 EVO Nvme SSD

Now, I have tried and tried for the entire night but still couldn't get shutdown/sleep working.

I have tried
- changing darkwake from 0 to 10 (all options)
- clover Fix Shutdown
- clover Halt Enabler
- Bios Enable/Disable ErP
- delete *Power* from /Library/Preferences

But still no luck so far.

Can anyone guide me through how to debug further?

Many thanks
plz upload your efi
i need it

Now I get my USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports working by following @RehabMan USB guide. USB 2 sticks show up on HS ports and USB 3 flash drives show up on SS ports beautifully. Thanks a lot @BreBo ,
@CaseySJ and @RehabMan

The only two small issues I have left over are:

1. Corsair water pump USB prevents hackintosh from going to sleep if connected. I leave the USB head unconnected for now.

2. USB 3.0 Das keyboard not recognized after restart. However the usb dongle wireless mouse that connected to keyboard’s USB port is recognized without problem. I have to manually unplug and re-plug the USB cable every time after restarts the computer in order to be able to type something.

Will dig further regarding two above small issue. Welcome to share if anyone has similar symptom

Thanks again

did you ever figure out problem #2? i have to do the same with my usb mouse dongle

Ever thought of definig the USB port for the water pump as internal in ssdt?

hey, i have problem to shutdown and sleep, whenever i click shutdown it just restart. when i click sleep it goes sleep well and it wakes if i press any key once, but it going with no functioning rear usb, front usb panel is normal, and again from waking up, sleep not working until next restart. i dont mind if i cant do sleep the cpu, i just wondering if i could shut the system normal. changing aptiofix to OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 didn't solve the problem, i just add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but still i cant figure it out yet. slide=0 makes me boot fail,
my specs is i5-3330 + gtx 650ti 12gb ram ga-h61s2p-rev3.0, mojave vanilla install

I wasn't able to fix the issue but I did load Windows 10 on separate SSD and when the mac-os shuts down and restarts the boot screen I just log into Windows 10 and do a normal shutdown and it goes all the way off from Window. This may not make sense to everyone but I like it because I don't have to manually shut down and I have a full version of Windows in case I ever need it.
Make sure you fix your bios to load from your original if you load windows on a separate SSD because once you load windows it changes the boot order in bios to start up straight into Window. That's the only thing in the bios Windows changed and both systems work like a charm.

I wasn't able to fix the issue but I did load Windows 10 on separate SSD and when the mac-os shuts down and restarts the boot screen I just log into Windows 10 and do a normal shutdown and it goes all the way off from Window. This may not make sense to everyone but I like it because I don't have to manually shut down and I have a full version of Windows in case I ever need it.
Make sure you fix your bios to load from your original if you load windows on a separate SSD because once you load windows it changes the boot order in bios to start up straight into Window. That's the only thing in the bios Windows changed and both systems work like a charm.
well, it takes a time when you are in hurry, i usually just shut it down and when it comes to restart at the bios screen then i press the power button once,

Thanks for the advise

Now I fixed shutdown sleep issue. ( I think )
There are two parts
1. I followed this post Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K by adding slide=0 and adding EmuVariableUefi-64 driver.
This fixed the shutdown
2. I unplugged water pump USB header from the motherboard. My water pump is Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO. After unplugging the USB, computer goes to sleep with no problem. (in combination with fix #1). Do anyone have any idea how to get Crosair water cooler working with Hackintosh? It's not absolute necessary, but nice to have it work.

My new issue is that the Mojave Hackintosh only recognizes USB 2.0 flash stick when plugged in to a USB 3.0 port, either front panel or rear ones. It won't recognize a USB 3.0 flash stick. USB 3.0 stick is recognized when plugged into the USB 2.0 port.

Does it mean that I need to provide my own SSDT file?
But my understanding of what SSDT fixes is the port limit, all of my USB ports are working. They just couldn't recognize any USB 3.0 flash drives.

Any thought?

Here are all my kexts/

$ /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts
$ tree
├── 10.10
├── 10.11
├── 10.12
├── 10.13
├── 10.14
├── 10.7
├── 10.8
├── 10.9
└── Other
├── AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

├── FakeSMC.kext

├── IntelMausiEthernet.kext

├── Lilu.kext

├── RealtekRTL8111.kext

├── USBInjectAll.kext

├── VegaTab_64.kext

└── WhateverGreen.kext

36 directories, 17 files
Thanks.
I solved they issue doing what you said. Restart and shutdown works Wells.
Just Noe after 3 times of use the computer muy sustem sound goles off. I'm getting justo HDMI audio , whem before alc1220 worked for me.
I replace un cover fakesmc, appleALC,Lilu and whatevergreen and neighter has solved they audio issue.

Thanks for the advise

Now I fixed shutdown sleep issue. ( I think )
There are two parts
1. I followed this post Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K by adding slide=0 and adding EmuVariableUefi-64 driver.
This fixed the shutdown
2. I unplugged water pump USB header from the motherboard. My water pump is Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO. After unplugging the USB, computer goes to sleep with no problem. (in combination with fix #1). Do anyone have any idea how to get Crosair water cooler working with Hackintosh? It's not absolute necessary, but nice to have it work.

My new issue is that the Mojave Hackintosh only recognizes USB 2.0 flash stick when plugged in to a USB 3.0 port, either front panel or rear ones. It won't recognize a USB 3.0 flash stick. USB 3.0 stick is recognized when plugged into the USB 2.0 port.

Does it mean that I need to provide my own SSDT file?
But my understanding of what SSDT fixes is the port limit, all of my USB ports are working. They just couldn't recognize any USB 3.0 flash drives.

Any thought?

Here are all my kexts/

$ /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts
$ tree
├── 10.10
├── 10.11
├── 10.12
├── 10.13
├── 10.14
├── 10.7
├── 10.8
├── 10.9
└── Other
├── AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

├── FakeSMC.kext

├── IntelMausiEthernet.kext

├── Lilu.kext

├── RealtekRTL8111.kext

├── USBInjectAll.kext

├── VegaTab_64.kext

└── WhateverGreen.kext

36 directories, 17 files
EmuVariableUefi-64 driver FIXED my issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back