CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank everyone for your great post in tonymacx86.
I've basically followed this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i9-9900k-z390-aorus-pro-dual-vega-64s.264948/ and now have a Mojave running on the new Hackintosh.

My build is
i7-8700k
32GB DDR4 Ram
Gigabyte Z390 Pro
Sapphire Vega 64
1TB Samsung 970 EVO Nvme SSD

Now, I have tried and tried for the entire night but still couldn't get shutdown/sleep working.

I have tried
- changing darkwake from 0 to 10 (all options)
- clover Fix Shutdown
- clover Halt Enabler
- Bios Enable/Disable ErP
- delete *Power* from /Library/Preferences

But still no luck so far.

Can anyone guide me through how to debug further?

Many thanks

Please post your problem reporting files. Also could you explain the problem a little more in depth. Is the computer not entering sleep? Or is it waking from sleep immediately? Or is it not waking from sleep?

One more thing, have you correctly mapped your USB ports to an ssdt?

Please post your problem reporting files. Also could you explain the problem a little more in depth. Is the computer not entering sleep? Or is it waking from sleep immediately? Or is it not waking from sleep?

One more thing, have you correctly mapped your USB ports to an ssdt?

Thank you, how to generate problem reporting files?

The symptom is that whenever I click on shutdown, the system will blackout for about 20 seconds, then it restarts back to the Clover boot screen again. Same thing happens to it when I click on sleep button. It's not a wake up problem, it's not going to sleep at all.

I haven't done USB ports mapping and ssdt cuz I haven't understand what all it does yet. I would love to spend sometime reading on them if you can point me to some helpful posts.

Thanks again

Please post your EFI folder so I can take a gander.

Read the last two questions from post #1

Thanks for the advise

Now I fixed shutdown sleep issue. ( I think )
There are two parts
1. I followed this post Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K by adding slide=0 and adding EmuVariableUefi-64 driver.
This fixed the shutdown
2. I unplugged water pump USB header from the motherboard. My water pump is Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO. After unplugging the USB, computer goes to sleep with no problem. (in combination with fix #1). Do anyone have any idea how to get Crosair water cooler working with Hackintosh? It's not absolute necessary, but nice to have it work.

My new issue is that the Mojave Hackintosh only recognizes USB 2.0 flash stick when plugged in to a USB 3.0 port, either front panel or rear ones. It won't recognize a USB 3.0 flash stick. USB 3.0 stick is recognized when plugged into the USB 2.0 port.

Does it mean that I need to provide my own SSDT file?
But my understanding of what SSDT fixes is the port limit, all of my USB ports are working. They just couldn't recognize any USB 3.0 flash drives.

Any thought?

Here are all my kexts/

$ /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts
$ tree
├── 10.10
├── 10.11
├── 10.12
├── 10.13
├── 10.14
├── 10.7
├── 10.8
├── 10.9
└── Other
├── AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

├── FakeSMC.kext

├── IntelMausiEthernet.kext

├── Lilu.kext

├── RealtekRTL8111.kext

├── USBInjectAll.kext

├── VegaTab_64.kext

└── WhateverGreen.kext

36 directories, 17 files

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise

Now I fixed shutdown sleep issue. ( I think )
There are two parts
1. I followed this post Ongoing Status of Designare Z390 with i7-9700K by adding slide=0 and adding EmuVariableUefi-64 driver.
This fixed the shutdown
2. I unplugged water pump USB header from the motherboard. My water pump is Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO. After unplugging the USB, computer goes to sleep with no problem. (in combination with fix #1). Do anyone have any idea how to get Crosair water cooler working with Hackintosh? It's not absolute necessary, but nice to have it work.

My new issue is that the Mojave Hackintosh only recognizes USB 2.0 flash stick when plugged in to a USB 3.0 port, either front panel or rear ones. It won't recognize a USB 3.0 flash stick. USB 3.0 stick is recognized when plugged into the USB 2.0 port.

Does it mean that I need to provide my own SSDT file?
But my understanding of what SSDT fixes is the port limit, all of my USB ports are working. They just couldn't recognize any USB 3.0 flash drives.

Any thought?

Here are all my kexts/

$ /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts
$ tree
├── 10.10
├── 10.11
├── 10.12
├── 10.13
├── 10.14
├── 10.7
├── 10.8
├── 10.9
└── Other
├── AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

├── FakeSMC.kext

├── IntelMausiEthernet.kext

├── Lilu.kext

├── RealtekRTL8111.kext

├── USBInjectAll.kext

├── VegaTab_64.kext

└── WhateverGreen.kext

36 directories, 17 files
You should follow RehabMan's guide for creating a custom USB SSDT. It looks daunting, but it is quite straightforward. Just have a pen and paper with you to take notes about each port as you plug and unplug devices.

I think the Port Limit patch in config.plist does not work when USBInjectAll.kext is installed. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that my SSxx ports (USB 3) disappeared after installing USBInjectAll. But with the custom USB SSDT, everything works properly.

So you might try removing USBInjectAll.kext temporarily, make sure the Port Limit patch is present in config.plist, reboot, and see what happens. You can download and run IORegistryExplorer then scroll the left side until you see "XHC" or "XHCI". Then you'll see a list of HSxx (USB 2) and SSxx (USB 3) port names.

Again, the best solution is to create your own custom USB SSDT.

You should follow RehabMan's guide for creating a custom USB SSDT. It looks daunting, but it is quite straightforward. Just have a pen and paper with you to take notes about each port as you plug and unplug devices.

I think the Port Limit patch in config.plist does not work when USBInjectAll.kext is installed. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that my SSxx ports (USB 3) disappeared after installing USBInjectAll. But with the custom USB SSDT, everything works properly.

So you might try removing USBInjectAll.kext temporarily, make sure the Port Limit patch is present in config.plist, reboot, and see what happens. You can download and run IORegistryExplorer then scroll the left side until you see "XHC" or "XHCI". Then you'll see a list of HSxx (USB 2) and SSxx (USB 3) port names.

Thank you I will start reading and give it a try, will post back the result here

Now I get my USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports working by following @RehabMan USB guide. USB 2 sticks show up on HS ports and USB 3 flash drives show up on SS ports beautifully. Thanks a lot @BreBo ,
@CaseySJ and @RehabMan

The only two small issues I have left over are:

1. Corsair water pump USB prevents hackintosh from going to sleep if connected. I leave the USB head unconnected for now.

2. USB 3.0 Das keyboard not recognized after restart. However the usb dongle wireless mouse that connected to keyboard’s USB port is recognized without problem. I have to manually unplug and re-plug the USB cable every time after restarts the computer in order to be able to type something.

Will dig further regarding two above small issue. Welcome to share if anyone has similar symptom

Thanks again

Last edited:
Here is how I managed to fix the issue:

If in the BIOS you set iGPU to enabled, the computer won't sleep. But if you set it to Auto it will. This is also under the condition that you have a dGPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back