Contribute
Register

[SOLVED BOTH] ProBook Update High Sierra to Mojave, Installer doesn´t start, and reset after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 450 G4 (C/UEFI)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying an update from the App Store, from a fully working High Sierra 10.13.6 installation on a Kaby Lake Probook 450 I7.

Followed "Mojave Common Problems" post and added the two patches, for minStolenSize and USB port limits on my config.plist. I am not using AppleALC so skipped that part (should I?)

After executing the install package, I am required to reboot. But after doing so, installer does not start. I think it complains about not finding SMC (shouldn't it br FakeSMC in CLOVER/kext/other?)

PR files are attached. config.plist is attached separately (PR files are from a previous report just before adding the 2 patches, but it's the only difference!)

Also attached is a screenshot of the verbose boot. Stuff goes too fast and does not fit in the screen, maybe I am missing some interesting messages at the beginning.

Comments appreciated !

Attachments

• configuration.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
  • config.plist
    45.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20180925_022320.jpg
    IMG_20180925_022320.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I am trying an update from the App Store, from a fully working High Sierra 10.13.6 installation on a Kaby Lake Probook 450 I7.

Followed "Mojave Common Problems" post and added the two patches, for minStolenSize and USB port limits on my config.plist. I am not using AppleALC so skipped that part (should I?)

After executing the install package, I am required to reboot. But after doing so, installer does not start. I think it complains about not finding SMC (shouldn't it br FakeSMC in CLOVER/kext/other?)

PR files are attached. config.plist is attached separately (PR files are from a previous report just before adding the 2 patches, but it's the only difference!)

Also attached is a screenshot of the verbose boot. Stuff goes too fast and does not fit in the screen, maybe I am missing some interesting messages at the beginning.

Comments appreciated !

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.232948/

Use beta branch as written.

Last edited:
That did the trick, and also using Clover_v2.4k_r4658.RM-4903.ca9576f3.zip. I had previous version installed that should work according to the docs, but for whatever reason it didn't.

That is the required RehabMan Clover for Mojave.

I have 2 additional problems:

- Computer resets when entering Sleep
- No Audio

Will fight with this tomorrow, its already 6AM here :D :D
Thanks for your help

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

That is the required RehabMan Clover for Mojave.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.

Done now, wanted to uninstall some third party software before, to rule out basic things.

Attachments

• debug_27684.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 60
You forgot to update your config.plist.
Read guide, post #1, "final config.plist"

That was it! Sleep and sound are back!

Doing a DIFF and discarding obvious changes to patched kexts, I have 2 patches on my previous config.plist that I can't remember why I applied them, but I think I did after your automatic script and obviously for a reason. Do you by any chance remember what are they for, and if I should include it in the new config.plist?

<!-- second stage 1 -->
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Second Stage Patch 1</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>hcB0XUg=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>McB0W0g=</data>
</dict>
<!-- second stage 2 -->
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Second Stage Patch 2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QYjE6wM=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>QYjE6yM=</data>
</dict>

That was it! Sleep and sound are back!

Doing a DIFF and discarding obvious changes to patched kexts, I have 2 patches on my previous config.plist that I can't remember why I applied them, but I think I did after your automatic script and obviously for a reason. Do you by any chance remember what are they for, and if I should include it in the new config.plist?

<!-- second stage 1 -->
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Second Stage Patch 1</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>hcB0XUg=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>McB0W0g=</data>
</dict>
<!-- second stage 2 -->
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Second Stage Patch 2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QYjE6wM=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>QYjE6yM=</data>
</dict>

Neither of those patches have been required for a very long time, as they were rolled into IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, which is now replaced by WhateverGreen.kext (used in the beta_weg branch).

ok! Thanks again. I feel I am in debt with you, as you seem more my personal configuration assistant besides the creator of such awesome patching scripts. Do you have a donation button? Should I donate to TonyMacX86 if you don't? Thanks for everything!

ok! Thanks again. I feel I am in debt with you, as you seem more my personal configuration assistant besides the creator of such awesome patching scripts. Do you have a donation button? Should I donate to TonyMacX86 if you don't? Thanks for everything!

My github site has my email if you wish to send a note of thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back