Contribute
Register

[Solved] Booting with 1060 GTX only shows the cursor, but the screen is black [High Sierra]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270N-Wifi
CPU
Intel Core i7 7700K 4x 4.20GHz
Graphics
6GB Palit GeForce GTX 1060
Hello!

Using this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...t-upgrade-fresh-install-on-h270n-wifi.233433/ and some own problem solving I was able to install and successfully boot High Sierra.

But one problem remains, which I couldn't find here or anywhere else. When I use my Pascal card - a 1060 GTX, it boots fine but only the cursor is visible, everything else is black. I can interact with the things though.

I did the following things:

1. The first time I tried to use the graphics card, I got the ioconsoleusers: gioscreenlockstate 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 error. After booting with the onboard intel card and installing the web drivers, this did not happen, but it juts crashed after booting.
2. Then I read this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-high-sierra-10-13-0-378-10-10-10-15.225522/ and changed my config.plist according to it. This is were I am now, it boots, but just a black screen.

I tried installing the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, which is mentioned here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/. The Lilu kext was already there. This did not change the situation.

I am running a GA-Z270N-WIFI + Core i7 7700K.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Some more informations:

I tried playing around with injecting kexts / disabling the onboard graphics card, but didn't really change something.
But I saw, that my configuration says iMac 14,2, instead of something like MacPro 6,1 or iMac 17,1.
I'm not good enough with this stuff to directly know the consequences. Is it worth a shot to change the configuration? It's possible with the clover configurator, correct?

UPDATE: Okay, I can now boot with the GTX 1060 plugged in. I changed that the IGFX is the first to be used, instead of the PCI-e one. It seems it's correctly recognised. The web drivers also seem to be active. The display is connected through the onboard graphics card. I am still not able to use it though:/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 01.57.00.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 01.57.00.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 552
Last edited:
I fixed it!!!
While reading through everything, I found this guide:https://tonymacx86.com/threads/skyl...ild-extended-guide.229353/page-8#post-1574686
In there, he especially mentions that SIP needs to be activated during the installation.
So after uninstalling the drivers, and reinstalling them while making sure SIP is activated (check with csrutil status) it worked!
I deactivated SIP afterwards. During the process my Nvidia was not activated, after I put it back, the intel graphics card showed the same symptoms as the Nvidia and I was thinking "noooo", but then I switched to Pci-E in the BIOS and hey it worked! Couldn't believe it the first time. Everything works, full 4K with my display:)

I will post a guide later for my setup, maybe it'll help someone:)

Unfortunately I can't get my GTX 1060 working. It's an entire evening I try to follow exactly the words from kgp's post without success. I've removed/inserted the card at least 5 times to get into OSX to uninstall/install the drivers. Last time who I tried, I changed the SMBIOS to 17,1 then I followed exactly his resume without success. Tried with every combination of bootflag. Maybe could you resume the procedure you did to install this damned video card? Thanks in advance

Unfortunately I'm having troubles booting OSX with GTX 1060. I tried for an entire day following the steps from Tn1ck's and kgp's posts but I get black screen always. I tried many and many times removing card, setting up SIP, uninstalling, installing drivers without success. I'm struggling.

Is your display connected via DP? HDMI does not work for me, I just checked, it just looks weird.

I actually have 18,2 running, but this was more an accident (and setting this got me a black screen first :D). I checked on my cloned system, that 14,2 works fine.

I also just noticed, that I have the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in my kexts (CLOVER/kexts/other), maybe it's this?

I try to be specific:

After the installation and postinstallation by the guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...t-upgrade-fresh-install-on-h270n-wifi.233433/:

1. Make sure you have NvidiaWeb set in config.plist, it should look like this:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

2. Make sure CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x00, SIP will not be active correctly (afaik), it should look like this:
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x00</string>
</dict>

2. reboot without the Nvidia, install webdrivers while make sure that SIP is enabled, which means that CsrActiveConfig is 0x00 and that `csrutil status` in the terminal says it's enabled

3. reboot and deactive SIP again with CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67
4. shutdown, put the nivdia back in, switch to PCI-E in the Bios
5. it should work now with the Nvidia

Hope this helps!

Is your display connected via DP? HDMI does not work for me, I just checked, it just looks weird.

I actually have 18,2 running, but this was more an accident (and setting this got me a black screen first :D). I checked on my cloned system, that 14,2 works fine.

I also just noticed, that I have the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in my kexts (CLOVER/kexts/other), maybe it's this?

I try to be specific:

After the installation and postinstallation by the guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...t-upgrade-fresh-install-on-h270n-wifi.233433/:

<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

2. Make sure CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x00, SIP will not be active correctly (afaik), it should look like this:
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<string>0x00</string>
</dict>

2. reboot without the Nvidia, install webdrivers while make sure that SIP is enabled, which means that CsrActiveConfig is 0x00 and that `csrutil status` in the terminal says it's enabled

Hope this helps!

I love you.

Schermata_2017_10_19_alle_14_36_55.jpg

Whats_App_Image_2017_10_19_at_14_44_02.jpg

I believe Nvidia Web must be checked before installation. I never did this before. Thanks a lot, seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
After switch HDMI to DP, it's working like charm.

You really save my day.

I try to be specific:

<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<string>0x00</string>
</dict>

Hope this helps!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!
I have read a thousand guides, but following your steps made my hackintosh work with a gt 1030!!

Thank u man!

I try to be specific:

<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<string>0x00</string>
</dict>

Hope this helps!

My GT 1030 graphics work fine only if I boot without hdmi, otherwise I get a black screen, will this instruction help me to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back