Gigabyte Z370M-D3H
CPU
I5-8500
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi all,

After building my first successful hackintosh on a Asrock z77 extreme4 mobo with HS, I decided to upgrade my pc to a i5-8500, gigabyte z370m d3h and a GTX 1060. I installed HS 10.13.6 via Unibeast, after which I used Clover_v2.4k_r4674 to install the following UEFI64Drivers:
- apfs.efi;
- EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
- FSInject-64.efi
- HFSPlus.efi
- OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi;
- OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

Plus additional kext:
- FakeSMC.kext
- IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
- IntelMausiEthernet.kext
- Lilu.kext
- NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
- USBInjectAll.kext
- XHCI-300-series-injector.kext

(based on a successful build from ****** -https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/7jh99o/gigabyte_z370md3hi78700kgtx1070_ti_macos_10132/)

The problem that I'm currently facing, which many other forums discuss (which doesn't work for me), is to solve the 'famous' stuck at "End Randomseed ++++++++++" -- reboot error when booting via the clover bootloader through my SSD. However, booting to HS works via Unibeast. Maybe it is related to the problem, but I can't get the Nvidia web drivers to work either through Unibeast.

Plus additional kext:
- FakeSMC.kext
- IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
- IntelMausiEthernet.kext
- Lilu.kext
- NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
- USBInjectAll.kext
- XHCI-300-series-injector.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup and NvidiaGraphicsFixup are superseded by WhateverGreen.
Use the latest versions of Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext

For Z370 motherboards, you should NOT use XHCI-300-series-injector.kext. You should be using XHCI-200-series-injector.kext.

Thanks for your quick reply! I will give the following changes a try!

I tried the changes suggested, but still no luck...

So it turned out that I had to reinstall HS through Clover with those settings instead of unibeast. Now I have a fully operational hackintosh! Thanks for your help!!

I was cheering to early.. while I'm able to boot successfully with the clover usb, it fails to booth via ssd. Again, stuck and end randomseed +++++. What should I do, is this related to the mobo?

I was cheering to early.. while I'm able to boot successfully with the clover usb, it fails to booth via ssd.
Copy the EFI folder of your clover usb to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your ssd, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the ssd and replace it with the one you copied from the clover usb - Now reboot and you should be able to boot without the aid of the clover usb.

Thanks, that did the trick! However, the only problem that I'm currently facing is that my usb3 ports are not working, only when using a usb2 hub.

Thanks, that did the trick! However, the only problem that I'm currently facing is that my usb3 ports are not working, only when using a usb2 hub.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.6 to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

Do I have to overwrite the following section:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Remove USB port limit in XHCI kext</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
g32UDw+DlwQAAA==
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.13.x</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
g32UD5CQkJCQkA==
</data>
</dict>

with the code (text) provided in the PMHeart's patch or just add the text to it?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back