Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had a problem when installing for the first time High Sierra (Clover). I made an upgrade from Sierra using regular Apple install. During the installation, reboot failed after the conversion of the disk to APFS. The partition was destroyed. I found no solution except staying in HFS+.

Now, I am trying to upgrade to Mojave. I used the Apple upgrade and got exactly the same problem of destroyed partition.

Back to High Sierra from backup, I tried to convert the partition to APFS using the boot from recovery partition... It was not working conversion option was grayed.
I made a clone of my boot disk, then formatted the partition to APFS and copied the system in the new partition. I tried to boot from the clone, but Clover see only the window installation, so I cannot boot in MacOS. I reinstalled Clover, check the content in particular APFS.efi., still the same.

Probably a stupid mistake, but I cannot figure out what is the problem, do you have a clue?

I had a problem when installing for the first time High Sierra (Clover). I made an upgrade from Sierra using regular Apple install. During the installation, reboot failed after the conversion of the disk to APFS. The partition was destroyed. I found no solution except staying in HFS+.

Now, I am trying to upgrade to Mojave. I used the Apple upgrade and got exactly the same problem of destroyed partition.

Back to High Sierra from backup, I tried to convert the partition to APFS using the boot from recovery partition... It was not working conversion option was grayed.
I made a clone of my boot disk, then formatted the partition to APFS and copied the system in the new partition. I tried to boot from the clone, but Clover see only the window installation, so I cannot boot in MacOS. I reinstalled Clover, check the content in particular APFS.efi., still the same.

Probably a stupid mistake, but I cannot figure out what is the problem, do you have a clue?
I found a "solution", adding APFS.efi in /efi/clover/drivers64. It should not make a difference as it is UEFI board (and other drivers in /efi/clover/drivers64 are working), but it does. Now, I have to wait the Nvidia drivers to go to Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back