1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

Have some noob question about my first build. I hope I am at the right place. If not please move my post to where it belongs.

My Setup:

• Intel Core i7-4790K LGA1150
• GA-Z87X-D3H
• Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) currently 8GB installed
• TP-Link TL-WDN4800
• 120 GB SSD
• Samsung SyncMaster BX 2450 connected via HDMI
• Cooler Master GX 650W Power Supply
• Corsair Carbide 300R Casing

After Installing Mavericks Using UniBeast on a USB stick, if I boot using the SSD it freezes on the apple logo, if I use flags -v -x I get this screen (attached). I might install Windows 8 as of the moment to check if all my components are working. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3217.JPG
    IMG_3217.JPG
    688.4 KB · Views: 150
Boot Problem after Mavericks Install

I reinstalled and able to access MultiBeast awhile ago when i read some thread regarding disabling the CPU Turbo in BIOS. I restarted and it restarted with no problem, I even able to use the WIFI but when I plugged an audio jack to test sound, screen suddenly went black and i can't boot again (hangs on the logo) when I rebooted with -v -x flags, i got this screen (attached). I am using the on board graphics as of the moment by the way. Thanks for the reply.

Attachments

• IMG_3225.JPG
    IMG_3225.JPG
    557.6 KB · Views: 143

Hummm... What BIOS do you have on the motherboard?

Good modding,
neil

Hi neil,

I have F8, right now it will boot successfully using PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes flags. Current MultiBeast setting attached.But hangs on the logo when reboot. thanks!

I have:

X.M.P.=Profile 1
VT-d=Disabled
Initial Display Output=IGFX
xHCI=Auto
XHCI Hand-off=Enabled
EHCI Hand-off=Enabled
Wake on LAN=Disabled
CPU Turbo=Disabled

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 11.15.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-27 at 11.15.20 PM.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 125

Hi neil,

I have F8, right now it will boot successfully using PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes flags. Current MultiBeast setting attached.But hangs on the logo when reboot. thanks!

I have:

X.M.P.=Profile 1
VT-d=Disabled
Initial Display Output=IGFX
xHCI=Auto
XHCI Hand-off=Enabled
EHCI Hand-off=Enabled
Wake on LAN=Disabled
CPU Turbo=Disabled

Well "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" should already be in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. I would add the PCIRootUID=1 to the file and run with that.

Good modding,
neil

Big Thank You Neil, I added PCIRoot ID Fix then it reboot smoothly but I had the low resolution Screen so added the 1080p Display Mode but I had the "uptime in nanoseconds" screen so I disable it and it rebooted smoothly again but with the low resolution screen again. Should I tick "Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations".

By the way I don't have Audio and I get the error and a noise screen when I play videos on YouTube.

Thanks again for your patience.

Boot Problem Solved (Restarted 3 times without a hitch)

What I did?
Done fresh install and used DSDT Free option instead of the EasyBeast. Auto detected my monitor model and the mobo on-board graphics as well as Audio devices. Amazingly easy if you just read thoroughly :) Thanks Multibeast and to all the people in this community.

I think I have a fully running Mavericks except for the Audio right now.

Re: Audio
As you can see, there is two identical "Line Out=Audio line-out port" in the Sound Output preferences. Is this the thing that's causing the hang on the Boot Screen if I plug the Audio Jack while I Reboot? And as you can see it only has 8 GB RAM as of the moment, still have to install the other one (just hoping it won't change anything after). Can't wait to have my Graphics Card :)

Happy Modding Everyone... and if you could please help me with my audio :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-29 at 1.16.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-29 at 1.16.21 PM.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 138
  • On-board Graphics.png
    On-board Graphics.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Audio Devices detected.png
    Audio Devices detected.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Audio output options.png
    Audio output options.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 135
Build getting more stable every time :)

Tried selecting Internal Speakers as Output in the Sound System Preferences and voila!... audio problem solved.

I think the 2 similar line out port is for the back and front of the casing but it won't matter as I am not using it anymore. I may sound like I am talking to myself here but who knows someone with the same setup as me might find this post useful in the future :D

Attachments

• Audio Working.png
    Audio Working.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 169
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back