Graphics
Asus R9 290X
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I installed Yosemite 10.10.2 with Unibeast and Multibeast . Everything went well with the installation .Then i coudnt boot without using -x flag with the unibeast usb on. I installed some ktexts from multibeast ,the Easyboot and i also added trim enabled (it's installed on an SSD) and AppleRTC patch.

I removed the usb and it now hangs on smc successfully initialized ,but i can boot normally with the -x flag
i dont know what i did wrong !

Thanks for your help!

Boot Hangs at SMC: successfully initialized

Since you can boot to the desktop using Safe Mode, the problem could be either a needed kext missing from the System or an offending kext from your extension folder causing the system to hang.

Once on the desktop, you can first verify the status of your Kexts by checking System Information (Like Device Manager inWindows) through Apple icon on Menu bar>About This Mac>System Report. Pay special emphasis on Audio, Ethernet Cards and Graphics Displays.

Problems located there should help you to proceed with the next step.

Good luck

Thank you for the quick response!
Unfortunately i haven't been able to pass the boot (smc:successfully initiallzed) problem.Without any kext yosemite was able to recognize almost everything correctly ,expect from the GPU . My GPU is asus r9 290x and it's recognized as radeon hd 8xxx 4gb. I think that's where my problem but i dont what to do to fix it.

Thank you again for your help!

I installed Yosemite 10.10.2 with Unibeast and Multibeast . Everything went well with the installation .Then i coudnt boot without using -x flag with the unibeast usb on. I installed some ktexts from multibeast ,the Easyboot and i also added trim enabled (it's installed on an SSD) and AppleRTC patch.

I removed the usb and it now hangs on smc successfully initialized ,but i can boot normally with the -x flag
i dont know what i did wrong !

Thanks for your help!

Ensure that VT-D is disabled in BIOS.

Boot with flag "dart=0 -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No". Post the result, if the booting stuck with messages on the screen then post a clear photo of the entire frozen screen.

Also be patient while booting.

Good Luck...!

Thank you all for your help!
I was sure that my motherboard BIOS did not have a VT-D setting to disable but after being stuck for so long at booting , i decided to check again and i've found it! . I disabled it and everything worked, i did a clean install and i booted without any flags !

Thank you all for your help!
I was sure that my motherboard BIOS did not have a VT-D setting to disable but after being stuck for so long at booting , i decided to check again and i've found it! . I disabled it and everything worked, i did a clean install and i booted without any flags !

Good to hear... Enjoy your Yosemite.

Thanks for this. Fixed my Catalina too! I've found VT-D enabled again and this was interfering with my booting process.

Hope this helps someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back