Contribute
Register

[solved] Boot Glitch and Screen Flickering with the HD4600 Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I've made all the changes you suggested.

Using 0x0d260007 caused the graphical glitches to be much stronger, and basically make the laptop unusable, so I had to switch back.

Did you forget to set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb?

Thanks to RehabMan I can confirm that with platformID 0x04260000 there are no more glitches.

Here is what I've tried so far:

CSM on / off - glitches
Using platformID 0x0a260006 or 0x0d260007 - glitches
Using platformID 0x0d220003 + Inject EDID - no glitches, but no brightness control
Using platformID 0x0a260006 with reduced resolution 1600x900 - no glitches
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext fixes scrambled screen at boot, but there are still glitches at runtime

By glitches do you mean the screen flickering? Or do you even experience that?
With CSM on I lose the boot glitches, but experience flickering.
I haven't tried 0x0d220003 but brightness is a requirement for me anyway.
Just tried the reduced resolution and it appears to stop the screen flickering too. The apple logo is still messed on boot though, but I'm not fussed over that. As soon as I set it to 1920x1080 the flickering starts.

Unfortunately I need the full resolution for graphics stuff... I wonder what the difference is?

Woops, just saw your latest post. Gonna try that now.

Thanks to RehabMan I can confirm that with platformID 0x04260000 there are no more glitches.
Can you share your config.plist and DSDT/SSDT files?

And does brightness work?

Also, did you compile Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixUp? Or are you just using version 1.1.7?

Nope, first thing I did.

Keep in mind that any BIOS setting change requires re-extract/re-patch ACPI.
If you have an issue, you must provide "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.

Keep in mind that any BIOS setting change requires re-extract/re-patch ACPI.
If you have an issue, you must provide "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
Yes I realise that. I'm hot patching so ideally that isn't an issue.

I'm waiting on @tuxtard as they have the exact same laptop as me, hence their solution should work for me.

Yes I realise that. I'm hot patching so ideally that isn't an issue.

I'm waiting on @tuxtard as they have the exact same laptop as me, hence their solution should work for me.

Here is my complete CLOVER folder. Everything should work except WiFi and probably HDMI audio because I didn't bother with that. If you get a scrambled screen upon startup you will have to put it to sleep and wake it up. After you wake it up screen should be fine.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 91
If you get a scrambled screen upon startup you will have to put it to sleep and wake it up. After you wake it up screen should be fine.

Enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back