Contribute
Register

[Solved] Boot from internal disk stays stuck at Apple screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z270
CPU
i9
Graphics
Problem:

When I take out installation USB and I boot from the installed macOS High Sierra (10.13.1). Clover EFI loads, and lets me select the internal HDD's macOS installation, however the macOS installation's boot screen just gets stuck on an Apple logo. No progress bar appears. Running using the USB works however.

I ran with `-v` and I get the error:

ACPI Error: [_DSM] Namespace lookup failure. AE_ALREAY_EXISTS (20160930/dswload-462)

followed and preceded by various other lines or errors (see image)

8KJAA3L.jpg

(imgur link: https://imgur.com/8KJAA3L)

Steps taken to debug:
  • GPU doesn't seem to be problem but I tried to install drivers for it anyway (still same problem)
  • I tried copying config.plist file from (working) USB to the EFI/Clover partition. Didn't change anything
  • I made a backup of /EFI and copied the (working USB) EFI folder to the internal partition. Didn't change anything

MultiBeast (10.1.1) options:

• UEFI Boot Mode
  • Audio: ALC1220A
  • Audio: 100/200 Series Audio
  • Misc: FakeSMC
  • Network: IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
  • USB: Increase Mac Port Limit 200 Series
  • Bootloader: Clover UEFI Boot Mode
  • System Definitions: iMac 14,2
System specs:

• CPU: Intel i7-7700
  • Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A
  • HDD: Samsung EVO850 1TB (disk with macOS installation)
  • GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 OC

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Problem:

When I take out installation USB and I boot from the installed macOS High Sierra (10.13.1). Clover EFI loads, and lets me select the internal HDD's macOS installation, however the macOS installation's boot screen just gets stuck on an Apple logo. No progress bar appears. Running using the USB works however.

I ran with `-v` and I get the error:

ACPI Error: [_DSM] Namespace lookup failure. AE_ALREAY_EXISTS (20160930/dswload-462)

followed and preceded by various other lines or errors (see image)

8KJAA3L.jpg

(imgur link: https://imgur.com/8KJAA3L)

Steps taken to debug:
  • GPU doesn't seem to be problem but I tried to install drivers for it anyway (still same problem)
  • I tried copying config.plist file from (working) USB to the EFI/Clover partition. Didn't change anything
  • I made a backup of /EFI and copied the (working USB) EFI folder to the internal partition. Didn't change anything

MultiBeast (10.1.1) options:

• UEFI Boot Mode
  • Audio: ALC1220A
  • Audio: 100/200 Series Audio
  • Misc: FakeSMC
  • Network: IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
  • USB: Increase Mac Port Limit 200 Series
  • Bootloader: Clover UEFI Boot Mode
  • System Definitions: iMac 14,2
System specs:

• CPU: Intel i7-7700
  • Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A
  • HDD: Samsung EVO850 1TB (disk with macOS installation)
  • GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 OC

Any help appreciated, thanks.

I’m have the same problem. I can get he system to boot fine from the USB stick I made with unibeast. As soon as I boot from the HD it get stuck at the Apple screen. I tried tabling the DMAR and MATS but I can’t get the MATS to come up in clover.

@Downgoat, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

This error is typically the result of too many unnecessary fixes in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.
Remove all of them (or set false), then enable only those you actually need.

@Downgoat, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.

This error is typically the result of too many unnecessary fixes in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.
Remove all of them (or set false), then enable only those you actually need.

Wow, thanks, that worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back