Contribute
Register

[Solved] Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Permanent Solution to this problem.
Add Preboot and Recovery in HIDE VOLUME pane in the GUI section of clover.
This will remove all redundant boot entries.

View attachment 285789
Where do I get this editor for clover or is it clover? I havent been looking at this stuff in a long time so any help would be nice.

I’ve got the same situation and wish I knew how to remove them rather than just getting clover to “hide them”.
Long time lurker of the sub here. I have done the above work around in the past but DID find a way to delete all the installation files just a few weeks ago. But... I whent on vacation and now can not find the instructions again. I remember it involved deleting hidden boot files but were I do not know.
I have been haveing the hardest time with my Mojave update. Always stuck at "can not find installation files. Please restart and try again" (sorry not at my Hack right now, not sure the exact verbiage) All past update have been gravy.
Maybe someone smarter then me will help us out?

Long time lurker of the sub here. I have done the above work around in the past but DID find a way to delete all the installation files just a few weeks ago. But... I whent on vacation and now can not find the instructions again. I remember it involved deleting hidden boot files but were I do not know.
I have been haveing the hardest time with my Mojave update. Always stuck at "can not find installation files. Please restart and try again" (sorry not at my Hack right now, not sure the exact verbiage) All past update have been gravy.
Maybe someone smarter then me will help us out?

Just incase it can help somebody else, I searched for the install error from log file "failed to locate volume with uuid" and found this thread right off the bat

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-13-4-security-update-fails.251593/

which lead to this Guide

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...from-partition-from-clover-bootloader.185201/

Which was the original page I found before vacation. Now if I can just get this update to install.

UPDATE: So... like some others I deleted everything that was there but did still had a "Prebooter" option in Clover. I ended up using terminal to delete the volume entirely.

diskutil list (to find the disk number disk1s2 in my case)
diskutil mount disk1s2 (to see what was inside the volume just for giggles)
diskutil unmount disk1s2
diskutil apfs deleteVolume Prebooter

Rebooted and only my high Sierra and recover entries were left. System booted fine and installation of Mojave when smoothly. Hope this may help others who search.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the command "diskutil apfs deleteVolume Preboot".

I would like to remove de Preboot entries in my Clover Bootloader, but read somewhere else that if the partition Preboot is removed, High Sierra will not boot anymore.

Has anyone tried the command "diskutil apfs deleteVolume Preboot".

A bit of a late reply, but it might help someone else.

Yes I have tried the command above, entries are gone and no problem booting!

Matt

A bit of a late reply, but it might help someone else.

Yes I have tried the command above, entries are gone and no problem booting!

Matt
Thanks Matt! It's very useful information to me in Catalina!
Yoichiro

Attachments

• IMG_1735.jpeg
    IMG_1735.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 341
  • after.png
    after.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 368
Last edited:
This fix worked for me. I have a question however: Why do you hide also recovery? I think that partition is extremely important. Anyway thanks for the help

I would also keep the recovery partition to quickly access disk utility and terminal if needed. Especially if I were to misplace my unibeast install thumb drive.

I wonder what other capabilities the recovery partition offers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back