Contribute
Register

[Solved] Boot error stuck at the very beginning of the progress bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900X 3.3 GHz
Graphics
R9 285
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Plus
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This a Sierra 10.11.6 on a ITX Asus 170 motherboard . CPU Kaby Lake 4.2 GHz I7, 32 GB memory, 2 TB SSD. Everything was working just fine & it now gets stuck at the very beginning of the Apple Boot Progress Bar.

Sorry about that. It just sees as it should be 10.11, but I said Yosemite & as you said 10.12.6. I'm using the i7 7700k in an 170 motherboard that only supports up to a 6700 series natively. Before I learned the proper way to permanently spoof the install Apple came out with 10.12.6. So I changed my install to that & had no trouble until my return to town.

I had most things working other than the built-in wireless. I had ethernet, sound & a microphone working. I installed most of the software I usually use on my Macs. I also ran many of the programs. Then I was out of town on business for a month When I came back I thought that I I was having trouble with connecting to a display. The final result now is that when it starts todo the Mac boot, it stops as soon the the progress bar shows the first bit of white.

The final result now is that when it starts todo the Mac boot, it stops as soon the the progress bar shows the first bit of white.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)
Thanks for your good tone reply. Because everything was going so well before I left 5 weeks ago I had forgotten how to start in the Verbose mode.

Since everything was working extremely well I thought that something got changed in the bios. It happened when I was trying to get a display to work. The display thing had to do with a power supply that is not working, not the Hackintosh stuff. I found a few item that were not correct VT-d was enabled but would not give me the option to disable as is listed in the instructions. XHCI Handoff was disabled. After enabling the AHCI saving the change & rebooting, everything working correctly. The normal fast boot from a ssd. If or should say when I have another problem I'll try to mark down the correct Mac OS version number to keep from causing an unneeded problem. Then I'll remember to turn on the Verbose mode to help track down where the problem is.

This ITX motherboard computer will be used to carry with me for the times I must work out of my home office. I call it my Mac Mini on steroids. Its Geek Bench score is 10-20 % faster than the new basic iMac with th 4.2 GHz i7 7700k. So now I am very happy once again. Only the built-in wireless is not working.

My next build will to a 10-core 89 with a Asus Prime X299 Deluxe motherboard. It should be more straight forward though as the motherboard is designed to handle the cpu that I will be using unlike the 170 motherboard I have with a 270 series cpu. I'm sure that I will be needing some help.

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back