Graphics
HD530 - Nvidia 940MX
After first time boot into Mac, i reboot and then my boot drive disappeared

Attachments

• 1501726476450-1193746519.jpg
    1501726476450-1193746519.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 596
While Installing a new OS X or macOS system, it is a good idea to REMOVE from the Motherboard, the connections to other System Disks from the SATA ports leaving just the target disk for installation and similarly remove all devices from the USB ports except the Installer.

If you have a Windows disk already connected and then try to install Hackintosh, Windows bootloader can corrupt Clover and kill the Hackintosh installation.

What can you do at this stage?
Shut down the System.
Disconnect Power cable from the Case
Enter the Case and disconnect either the POWER or SATA data cable from all the other disks except the one for macOS High Sierra.
While inside the case, under proper electrostatic precautions, Clear CMOS
Reconnect Power Cable.
Power ON and choose "Load Optimized Default BIOS and Reboot" from the boot screen
On reboot, press the hotkey to enter "BIOS setup"
Re-enter all required options in the BIOS menu for macOS Booting.
Make sure Year|Month|Date and Time are current
Make your UEFI USB Installer as First boot device and Save Setup changes (F10) and boot.
Press Hot key for Boot Menu and choose your USB installer to enter CLOVER Boot Manager Screen.
Go to Options>Boot Args: and make sure correct Flags including Verbose boot flag -v are there.
Return to Boot Screen and select and boot your MacOS High Sierra SYSTEM DISK
Hopefully you will be able to complete the installation and install CLOVER , Kexts and System definition on the new HighSierra for it to boot the next time again with USB Installer's help
Finally you can edit config.plist of the System disk to make it boot without USB Installer help
Once the New system is up to-date, shut down and connect the others sytems
On reboot go to BIOS setup and make MacOS Disk as First Boot so that CLOVER will be the controlling Boot loader.
Save the BIOS setup and boot to Clover Boot Manager screen to choose the system you want

possible you may need the attached file in your drivers64UEFI folder

Attachments

• apfs.efi.zip
    219 KB · Views: 486
While Installing a new OS X or macOS system, it is a good idea to REMOVE from the Motherboard, the connections to other System Disks from the SATA ports leaving just the target disk for installation and similarly remove all devices from the USB ports except the Installer.

If you have a Windows disk already connected and then try to install Hackintosh, Windows bootloader can corrupt Clover and kill the Hackintosh installation.

What can you do at this stage?
Shut down the System.
Disconnect Power cable from the Case
Enter the Case and disconnect either the POWER or SATA data cable from all the other disks except the one for macOS High Sierra.
While inside the case, under proper electrostatic precautions, Clear CMOS
Reconnect Power Cable.
Power ON and choose "Load Optimized Default BIOS and Reboot" from the boot screen
On reboot, press the hotkey to enter "BIOS setup"
Re-enter all required options in the BIOS menu for macOS Booting.
Make sure Year|Month|Date and Time are current
Make your UEFI USB Installer as First boot device and Save Setup changes (F10) and boot.
Press Hot key for Boot Menu and choose your USB installer to enter CLOVER Boot Manager Screen.
Go to Options>Boot Args: and make sure correct Flags including Verbose boot flag -v are there.
Return to Boot Screen and select and boot your MacOS High Sierra SYSTEM DISK
Hopefully you will be able to complete the installation and install CLOVER , Kexts and System definition on the new HighSierra for it to boot the next time again with USB Installer's help
Finally you can edit config.plist of the System disk to make it boot without USB Installer help
Once the New system is up to-date, shut down and connect the others sytems
On reboot go to BIOS setup and make MacOS Disk as First Boot so that CLOVER will be the controlling Boot loader.
Save the BIOS setup and boot to Clover Boot Manager screen to choose the system you want
possible you may need the attached file in your drivers64UEFI folder
Thank you guys, it worked

This thread is old but it helped me. I would like to say that if you simply put apfs.efi into your bootable USB installer's EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder, Clover should then be able to find the internal SSD post-install. You won't have to completely go through installing all over again.

After you've reached the macOS desktop, you'll want to import apfs.efi into your internal SSD's EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

I'm having this problem, I can boot to the OS using a bootable USB but I can't see the High Sierra drive using the clover installed on it. I can see only the drives containing Windows.

I tried placing apfs.efi in drivers64UEFI but nothing helps. What could I try?

I can't boot without using the USB.
Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Now it can't even reach clover.

LOL, it seems I removed Boot file :S, any way of recover this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back