Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock z370m-ITX/AC
CPU
i5 8400
Graphics
iGPU
Hey! Weird issue here. I just installed a new broadcom compatible wifi/BT card. I used ReHabMan's latest OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID and OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. At first glance everything seemed to be working perfectly until I tried to access a server on the network that uses Bonjour to broadcast it's name/location.

From what I can see, if I have wifi enabled on my hackintosh it messes with the network and kills Bonjour. I can't see Bonjour devices on the Hackintosh and they also seem to stop working on other machines on the same network. If I disable wifi and plug in an ethernet cable the Bonjour devices come back immediately on the Hackintosh and then slowly reappear for the other machines on the network after a while.

Not sure if this is a kext related issue or something I can adjust in my config.plist. Did a bunch of googling and nothing like this seems to have come up for other people.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Just a quick update but I think I fixed the issue. I noticed that my wifi card had the wrong country code associated with it.

Needed to be 4341 for the card to be associated with CA (Canada)

Kext to Patch
com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360
4183FCFF 7435488D 55D0
66C70643 41EB348D 55D0
Wifi Country Code Fix for Canada
10.13.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back