Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Disclaimer: I have no idea as to what I'm doing.

I installed everything according to the Clover guide for 10.11, and everything was working fine. This was a fresh install as I had just completed the build, and this was go at trying to things to work. Actually thought I had done something wrong, or had failed to do something, because everything went so smoothly.

Everything worked except bluetooth and after a bit of looking around I got inpatient and I was trying everything. I came across RehabMan's posts and tried following along, and this is where things took a turn for the worse. As I said, I really don't have much of a clue as to what I am doing so I was reading his README-Mac and came across this part:

Retrieve the current system boot arguments:

Append "kext-dev-mode=1" to the boot-args:If for example boot-args was empty before:

My guess, "boot-args" was not empty before. I remember that terminal had returned something, but I am not quite sure what. I copied the string into terminal:

sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

And now I'm dead in the water. Won't boot no matter what. Just in this perpetual cycle of restarting. I unplugged the drive that I had installed to and was just going to install fresh to another drive, and that didn't work. I started fresh with a new creation of the USB boot drive, and that didn't work. I tried resetting to optimized defaults, and that didn't work.

At this point, I don't care about bluetooth. It would have been nice but I'll settle without it. I just want to completely start fresh as though I had never done anything in the first place. I'm assuming there is something that I am missing in regards to resetting my motherboard settings but I cannot find it.

Motherboard:
gigabyte z97x-ud5h-bk

What do I need to do to just start fresh?

Thanks

Bluetooth Problem Turned Nightmare

If you are getting clover screen then see what type of boot flags you are using & change your bootflag over there. You have to use kext-dev-mode=1, nv_disable=1 (nividia). I had same issue but I used my back up and re-install El-captain again.

For bluetooth, you can see this
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/174289-bluetooth-problems-2.html

Thank you so very much. I added nv_disable=1 just as you said and it worked. Looked at first like it wasn't going to but then it came through.

Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back