Contribute
Register

[solved] Bluetooth not working on BCM943602CS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add to this - I got my setup working with Bluetooth after excluding the onboard Bluetooth adapter as well. Mine was on HS14 as the motherboard is a Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro Wifi.

quick side note for anyone else reading through this thread. None of this will work if you have built in BT on your mobo. I made the poor decision of getting the aorus gaming wifi z370 and the system was defaulting to the internal BT instead of my dongle(s) or wifi/bt card. I followed this very simple guide to get it working.

I set up uia_exclude=HS08 under boot flags after detecting which port it was using with ioreg. And voila! it suddenly worked.

The guide that's mentioned in #48 might've been simple, but I didn't find anything using
Code:
ioreg | grep "|HS"

Instead I used the location id from the System report without the 0x infront, so the command would look like this:
Code:
ioreg | grep "my_location_id"
This gave me a few lines to go through and I found the onboard BT adapter pretty quickly and was able to add the exclude to my boot flags. After a reboot everything worked flawlessly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back