Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi. I’m going insane trying to get a USB bluetooth dongle to work.o_O

It’s a fairly popular dongle in the Hackintosh community Asus USB-BT400, my USB ports are all working great with other devices, even USB 3.0 works perfectly with hard drives / phone / wireless mouse etc... and this is a clean High Sierra 10.13.4 installation.

I download and install the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext into the correct locations as detailed in RehabMan’s Github guide (S/L/E)…. And nothing! I've tried installing to other locations too like /L/E/ and the usual /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other but no luck :rolleyes: I've tried using BrcmFirmwareData.kext too also also nothing!!

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, logs below:

Attachments

• debug_2130.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 813
Last edited:
Hi. I’m going insane trying to get a USB bluetooth dongle to work.o_O

It’s a fairly popular dongle in the Hackintosh community Asus USB-BT400, my USB ports are all working great with other devices, even USB 3 ones like my hard drives and phone, and this is a clean High Sierra 10.13.4 installation.

I download and install the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext into the correct locations as detailed in RehabMan’s Github guide (S/L/E)…. And nothing! I've tried installing to other locations too like /L/E/ and the usual /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other but no luck :rolleyes: I've tried using BrcmFirmwareData.kext too also also nothing!!

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, logs below:

/L/E is the correct location for kexts.
But you must install them correctly.
You did not install correctly...
Note:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa18260b680 [0x7fff91d9faf0]> { URL = "BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa184237c50 [0x7fff91d9faf0]> { URL = "HoRNDIS.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.joshuawise.kexts.HoRNDIS" }
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa18261ac80 [0x7fff91d9faf0]> { URL = "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2" }

See FAQ for correct kext installation procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, your ioreg shows two BT controllers. macOS doesn't deal well with multiple BT controllers. The onboard Intel BT must be disabled. You can see it in ioreg at HS08. You might find a BIOS option to disable it.

But also you can disable it via USBInjectAll configuration.
See USB port injection guide, then exclude HS08:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Also, config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be set to "Detect". And only "essential kexts" in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Read guide post #2 for more info:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Dude you reply faster and with better answers than official Apple support! :lol:

Your second suggestion was the issue, I disabled the bluetooth in the bios and all working now, can't believe I didn't think of that before. It's not just working but working great, I've got full handoff support!

Thanks for the tips about kext control too, I'll remember from now on.

Dude you reply faster and with better answers than official Apple support! :lol:

Your second suggestion was the issue, I disabled the bluetooth in the bios and all working now, can't believe I didn't think of that before. It's not just working but working great, I've got full handoff support!

Marked solved.

What WiFi card are you using - just curious.

I have the BT-400. It works out of the box. But continuity still a problem

I have the BT-400. It works out of the box. But continuity still a problem

Hi Jagman,

I bought the Asus BT-400. Is it working for you? My hackintosh does not find the keyboard and mouse.

Got bt400 today. It's working out of the box. But there is an issue when using a Bluetooth headset, audio is good and the mic is not working(

10.15.7 Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back