Motherboard
MacPro 4,1
CPU
Xeon 6-core
Graphics
5780 Hopefully RX560
Hi all,
Great forum you're running here!
I know most of you guys are running MacOs on non-mac gear. I wonder if you can help me because I have just bought a Sapphire Pulse OC RX560 thinking it should work OOB but I have no display. I'm running High Sierra. Old graphics card was the 5870.

I used to boot my PC with refind, so i could mix and match with Linux and Windows as needed. Even when I'm fairly sure I'm booting to MacOS I can't see anything.

Am I wrong about OOB compatibility with this on MacPro? Or do I need to install Clover etc like for Hackintoshes? If I don't need to, should I? Or is this graphics card maybe faulty?

Marc

I presume you don't mean buying one from them.
No I don't.
I meant it is a site with a great deal of knowledge regarding your issue and that you could ask for advice there.

No I don't.
I meant it is a site with a great deal of knowledge regarding your issue and that you could ask for advice there.
Have you been there recently? Maybe there used to be a forum, but now its just sales of pre-flashed cards and FAQ.

Am I breaking rules by asking this question here?

Hi all,
Great forum you're running here!
I know most of you guys are running MacOs on non-mac gear. I wonder if you can help me because I have just bought a Sapphire Pulse OC RX560 thinking it should work OOB but I have no display. I'm running High Sierra. Old graphics card was the 5870.

I used to boot my PC with refind, so i could mix and match with Linux and Windows as needed. Even when I'm fairly sure I'm booting to MacOS I can't see anything.

Am I wrong about OOB compatibility with this on MacPro? Or do I need to install Clover etc like for Hackintoshes? If I don't need to, should I? Or is this graphics card maybe faulty?

Marc
Even though I struggled to find the cause for hours, mine was as simple (at the end) as changing the HDMI cable. I am glad I had extra cables lying around. Try new cable and see how it goes.

Even though I struggled to find the cause for hours, mine was as simple (at the end) as changing the HDMI cable. I am glad I had extra cables lying around. Try new cable and see how it goes.
Hi thanks for the info. You're on the MAc Pro too?

Hi thanks for the info. You're on the MAc Pro too?
No I'm on a Hackintosh PC that I built myself (with the amazing help of this site of course) which is why I struggled, thinking I did something wrong with my installation. :lol:

I can not tell you what to do if you have a real Mac because I am not sure how that works. Not sure how much help you might receive here but there are blogs and FAQ on that site @P1LGRIM suggested that you could read.

Another simple solution is trying to use different ports on the card they might not all be enabled.

OK will try on macrumours

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back