Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Black screen with Dual Monitor connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your post, it is working with my gtx 950 too. thanks a lot.

I have just finished my 1st Hackintosh dual boot system and it works perfectly. High Sierra runs way better than it did on the mid 2011 21.5 iMac I just sold !!

I too have the black screen issue when trying to boot with 2 monitors on my GT 1030. My main monitor is connected by HDMI and the 2nd by DVI.

to add the above text to the config.plist do I simply mount the EFI partition with Clover then edit the file manually? If this is the case where do I need to insert the new lines?

Thanks in advance

Richard

I have just finished my 1st Hackintosh dual boot system and it works perfectly. High Sierra runs way better than it did on the mid 2011 21.5 iMac I just sold !!

I too have the black screen issue when trying to boot with 2 monitors on my GT 1030. My main monitor is connected by HDMI and the 2nd by DVI.

to add the above text to the config.plist do I simply mount the EFI partition with Clover then edit the file manually? If this is the case where do I need to insert the new lines?

Thanks in advance

Richard

I have been experimenting with changing the settings within Clover as mentioned in other posts without success. If anyone is successfully booting with 2 monitors connected via HDMI & DVI kindly post your Clover settings.

Hopefully someone can point me point me in the right direction, this is the only thing that isn't working correctly

Last edited:
After a few hours of hacking the config here's what worked for me:

Graphics card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4GB
Driver: 387.10.10.10.30.103 macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra (17E199)

Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BootDisplay</key>
        <integer>2</integer>
        <key>DualLink</key>
        <integer>1</integer>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaGeneric</key>
        <false/>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
        <key>VRAM</key>
        <integer>4095</integer>
        <key>VideoPorts</key>
        <integer>2</integer>
    </dict>

I use 2 monitors, one monitor plugged into 1st HDMI port and second into the DP port. The graphics card had 3 HDMI ports but only the first one works.

If you think it's because I've set VideoPorts to 2, is not, I've set it to various numbers and only the above combination seems to work.

Worked perfect with GTX1060 3 GB, copied and pasted what wasn't there, used 3072 for the 3 GB, instead of 4096. Ran both monitors on boot. Thanks.

Cheers!

After a few hours of hacking the config here's what worked for me:

Graphics card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4GB
Driver: 387.10.10.10.30.103 macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra (17E199)

Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BootDisplay</key>
        <integer>2</integer>
        <key>DualLink</key>
        <integer>1</integer>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaGeneric</key>
        <false/>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
        <key>VRAM</key>
        <integer>4095</integer>
        <key>VideoPorts</key>
        <integer>2</integer>
    </dict>

I use 2 monitors, one monitor plugged into 1st HDMI port and second into the DP port. The graphics card had 3 HDMI ports but only the first one works.

If you think it's because I've set VideoPorts to 2, is not, I've set it to various numbers and only the above combination seems to work.

Hi,

I have to thank you, because I had the same problem.
GeForce 1050TI 4Gb
1 UHD Monitor via DP, 1 WQHD Monitor via HDMI.

With your settings it is working fine.

I have been experimenting with changing the settings within Clover as mentioned in other posts without success. If anyone is successfully booting with 2 monitors connected via HDMI & DVI kindly post your Clover settings.

Hopefully someone can point me point me in the right direction, this is the only thing that isn't working correctly
Hi mate!

Did you solve the problem?

I've got a GTX 970 and my problem is the same as yours.

Hi mate!

Did you solve the problem?

I've got a GTX 970 and my problem is the same as yours.

To be honest I never tried again. If I want to boot my PC into MacOS I just unplug my DVI monitor.

To be honest I never tried again. If I want to boot my PC into MacOS I just unplug my DVI monitor.
What a pity! Hope someone can help us to solve the problem.

Just one more question. Does your monitor work if you connect it via a DVI cable? Only one monitor with DVI. Mine can't boot :(

Another Fix:

That sounds painful. I feel you bro. I've been living with that unsolved problem for a year until just now. Did you try turning on CSM at BIOS? This just solved everything for me. Boot speed is the same.

I had your same doubts about how to edit config.plist while trying both manually and via Clover Configurator. Neither worked. CSM set to "Always" worked like a charm, though. Can't believe I can just turn on the computer and relax :D

That sounds painful. I feel you bro. I've been living with that unsolved problem for a year until just now. Did you try turning on CSM at BIOS? This just solved everything for me. Boot speed is the same.

I had your same doubts about how to edit config.plist while trying both manually and via Clover Configurator. Neither worked. CSM set to "Always" worked like a charm, though. Can't believe I can just turn on the computer and relax :D

Thanks for the reply,

I ended up picking up a cheap Lenovo Thinkcentre M83 and using that as a dedicated Hackintosh that runs Catalina. It actually has 2 display ports so in theory I should be able to use bot my Asus 27 inch monitors.

I still have High Sierra dual booting on my HP Elite 8300 so I may have a play this weekend.

Again thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back