Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Black screen with Dual Monitor connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a few hours of hacking the config here's what worked for me:

Graphics card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC 4GB
Driver: 387.10.10.10.30.103 macOS 10.13.4 High Sierra (17E199)

Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BootDisplay</key>
        <integer>2</integer>
        <key>DualLink</key>
        <integer>1</integer>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaGeneric</key>
        <false/>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
        <key>VRAM</key>
        <integer>4095</integer>
        <key>VideoPorts</key>
        <integer>2</integer>
    </dict>

I use 2 monitors, one monitor plugged into 1st HDMI port and second into the DP port. The graphics card had 3 HDMI ports but only the first one works.

If you think it's because I've set VideoPorts to 2, is not, I've set it to various numbers and only the above combination seems to work.

@navaru, Thanks, you saved my life. My Dual monitor setup is now working fine now.

I am using
Graphics Card: GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti G1 Gaming 4G
Driver version: 387.10.10.10.30.106
Monitors are plugged in: 1st HDMI and DP Port

Are you using
key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
?
thank you

Last edited:
After I had to restore my system from backup I also have the problem that both screens go black after booting. Before everything was fine. I'm on Sierra and run gtx 970. I tried everything I found on the net but nothing works. Its really annoying to pull the plug of my dp monitor before booting and than stick it back in. That sucks. I tried every smbios, lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup, pike alpha, nothing works............

I've got a similar issue. Booting with a monitor plugged into the DVI and 1st DisplayPort of my 980Ti yields a two black screens on startup. The interesting thing is that if I cold boot immediately, the machine will boot with the main screen set as the DVI screen. I tried playing with the Graphics settings in the config.plst, but nothing seems to work. Thoughts? Thank you.

Startup with both monitors connected is working now for me. What solved the issue for me was to turn on CSM Support in my BIOS. Read that in another thread luckily. Some people there said they refuse to do that because it prolongs boot time. I can't make out any difference. Even if that was true I would prefer that against pulling the cable out every time. To be honest I was even thinking about installing Windows if I could not solve this issue.

Startup with both monitors connected is working now for me. What solved the issue for me was to turn on CSM Support in my BIOS. Read that in another thread luckily. Some people there said they refuse to do that because it prolongs boot time. I can't make out any difference. Even if that was true I would prefer that against pulling the cable out every time. To be honest I was even thinking about installing Windows if I could not solve this issue.

That did it. POST times are slower, but thats fine by me. Any way to choose which monitor is chosen as the primary?

Yes I can confirm that turn on CSM mode in BIOS is critical and solve all problems with multimonitor support .
No additional settings needed. Graphic card is GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB and three LCD connected.

That did it. POST times are slower, but thats fine by me. Any way to choose which monitor is chosen as the primary?
not for startup but in OSX of course its possible in the display settings

Good news! My Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB works perfectly with dual monitor at boot!
I had to set my config.plist in this way to enable both monitor :

</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>BootDisplay</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>DualLink</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>NvidiaSingle</key>
<false/>
<key>VRAM</key>
<integer>4095</integer>
<key>VideoPorts</key>
<integer>3</integer>
</dict>

Initially did not work because I leave Inject/Nvidia/False.
Strangely I had to set Inject/Nvidia/True I don't know why! :confused: Now my hackintosh works so good!
Thanks to MacPack and Asgalor for the support without you I would not have been succesful.

Hi every boby!
do I insert this text in existing config.plist with plistedit pro?
Or do i creat a new one with plisteditpro?
Thanks in advance...

@sagasamy, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back